• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trojan 4000

Anti74

Ok, yes it’s the best thing to do, othervise i’ll probably get the wrong dimension thanks for now

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Mind if I ask what that bucket is for? Looks like it would be too much for that machine if you were loading rock in a quarry, so thinking it is for something lighter?

PS Also don't think that loader looked that nice since it left the factory!

Actually where I worked many years ago we got a brand new Trojan 4000 and a somewhat funny thing happened to it while it was just parked out in the yard of the quarry before it ever had a load in the bucket. Two of the bolts that hold the front axle to the frame broke and fell out!

Anti74

It was strange about the bolts
They have pulled them to hard, steelbolts snap off suddenly if you pull them to hard, btw did you drive that Trojan loader back then ?

kshansen

Occupation
It was strange about the bolts
They have pulled them to hard, steelbolts snap off suddenly if you pull them to hard, btw did you drive that Trojan loader back then ?
Not as an operator but a little bit moving it around the yard before it was shipped out to the plant it was bought for. Tried seeing if I had any pictures or info on it but coming up blank. Not even sure what engine it had in it. Could have been a Detroit or Cummins.

Anti74

Ok, what a pity that you didn’t have any picture or specs on that machine, i want to know weight of machine and lifting, and break force specs, any idea of where i find that ?

Welder Dave

It's odd that the engine side panels are completely closed in as in no vent holes or anything. Would think it might contribute to overheating?

Anti74

The old panel where lost before i buy this machine so i made new ones and where i live we don’t need extra vent, we have snow 6 month a year :) and i only use the machine at home, plow snow and lift some with the forks sometimes

kshansen

Occupation
The old panel where lost before i buy this machine so i made new ones and where i live we don’t need extra vent, we have snow 6 month a year :) and i only use the machine at home, plow snow and lift some with the forks sometimes
Plus the bottom of that machine is wide open so there is plenty of room for air to be drawn up to the radiator. Now if it was operating in a more "tropical" area than Sweden it might be a problem!

Anti74

Yes and plenty of room arround engine and between converter and gearbox, but i wish i had an revercible coolingfan in the winter, it would have keep the whole machine free from snow and ice, does anyone know what cummins engine they use in that loader if you choose cummins instead of Detroit ?