• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tree Huggers The Worst

D5G

we cut down a bunch of trees on the last road job I was on, that made the leaf lickers mad.

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Some years ago there was a huge protest in the Elaho valley North of Squamish. The tree huggers went and vandalized logging equipment and built camps and so on and so forth. Finally the loggers had enough and paid them a visit! I asked my buddy, who was part of it, how it went, whether it was a good or bad visit, he just grinned and said that all depends on who's side of the fence you're on! The greenies fled the area, threatened to sue and whatnot and then come back and create more carnage. Well that wasn't happening - the loggers blocked the road and wouldn't let anybody in unless they signed a petition that supported the forest industry. It made the news for a while and, as far as I'm concerned, made the tree huggers look like the utter fools that they are!:canada I just wish I was part of that "visit"...

optherockman

great stories. mines not about greenies but maybe worse, guys that don't pay. This was my Poppa's friend, who in the 70's, did a subdivison a couple km south of the border. After month's of tring to get paid, and maybe a bottle of Rye( gives us all big balls doesn't it) He roaded his grader through the border and preceded to un- finish grade all of the new seal coat roads in the sub-division. With the serriff's and border guards blazing six shooters behind him, he ran right through the border back to Canada. Thank god for a good CAT rad and protector.

Wolf

we cut down a bunch of trees on the last road job I was on, that made the leaf lickers mad.

Ha! How many trees did you push? I hope that they were big old ones and I hope that your tree hugger friends were right there when you pushed them over with a big track hoe and ran over them and ground them up right in front of their faces!

Even better if you got to burn them on site. Or load them out in demo trailers.

Nice job, man.

Wolf

Some years ago there was a huge protest in the Elaho valley North of Squamish. The tree huggers went and vandalized logging equipment and built camps and so on and so forth. Finally the loggers had enough and paid them a visit! I asked my buddy, who was part of it, how it went, whether it was a good or bad visit, he just grinned and said that all depends on who's side of the fence you're on! The greenies fled the area, threatened to sue and whatnot and then come back and create more carnage. Well that wasn't happening - the loggers blocked the road and wouldn't let anybody in unless they signed a petition that supported the forest industry. It made the news for a while and, as far as I'm concerned, made the tree huggers look like the utter fools that they are!:canada I just wish I was part of that "visit"...

That's pretty funny. Sounds like there was some good carnage from that "visit." The leaflickers were running for cover, and when they came back they had to face the loggers head on. Great going. Would love to see the pics from that confrontation. Great job, Spitzair.

Wolf

great stories. mines not about greenies but maybe worse, guys that don't pay. This was my Poppa's friend, who in the 70's, did a subdivison a couple km south of the border. After month's of tring to get paid, and maybe a bottle of Rye( gives us all big balls doesn't it) He roaded his grader through the border and preceded to un- finish grade all of the new seal coat roads in the sub-division. With the serriff's and border guards blazing six shooters behind him, he ran right through the border back to Canada. Thank god for a good CAT rad and protector.

Sounds like your Poppa's friend did quite a number on that subdivision.

When you said south of the border, I immediately thought of Mexico, but ethnocentric me is so wrong, he messed up the US subdivision. That is too funny. The leaflickers might have been proud of him for messing up the subdivision, but it's good to see that Poppa's friend took the matter into his own hands, helped by a bottle of rye, and fixed the deadbeats pretty good.

I hope he eventually got paid. If not, they prolly spent double fixing the damage. Nice going, bro.