• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tree Farmer C7E Query

Koopsy

Hello, I've recently purchased a 1980s Tree Farmer C7E and I wanted to change out all the fluids and filters. Would anyone know what kind of engine/tranny oil this machine would take? I'm up in Northern Ontario where the winter drops around -30'C in January and the summer peaks around +30'C in July.
The machine has a Cummins engine, Clark Winch, and a Clark 3 speed powershift.

Any information about this machine would be appreciated.
Bobby

upload_2021-9-15_19-39-49.jpeg upload_2021-9-15_19-40-30.jpeg

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Engine would be good in cold weather with Petro Can Duron 0W40 or Shell T6 0W40. The transmission can run on 30 Weight. have seen them with 10 weight or even 10W30 Diesel engine oil. Thinner is always better in cold or tranny pump might not want to pick up. Have seen some Clark torques and trannys also on Dexron III before. Winch could be any ones guess. Maybe operators manual will give some clues if you are luck enough to find one.
Came from Northern Ontario originally.
Simon C

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Our C6 Tree Farmer back in the late 70s in northern Minnesota had ATF in the Clark tranny from new. We never worked below -25 degrees though, to much other stuff seemed to go wrong when it got really cold.