• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Treasure Trove of Pictures of Old Equipment Working in a foreign land

621_Rocker

ben46a

I'm assuming that's all the same company throughout its life span. Very impressive, going from dug up rebuilt junk to fleets of new d9s and scrapers.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . 621_Rocker.

On picture 6,426 (they are numbered in numerical order) is this how the pony motor on a DW21 was hand crank started?

I seem to remember starting something down through the bonnet like that . . . it wouldn't have been a DW21 . . . maybe a D7? Some one on here will know . . . it was a wrist twisting b*****d when it kicked back.

I believe there was one model Cat that cranked in through the front which was a bit embarrasing with the blade parked on the goosenedck of a float.

Ah . . . for the crackle of half a dozen pilot motors running in the frosty early morning light . . . thems were the days!

Cheers.

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
On picture 6,426 (they are numbered in numerical order) is this how the pony motor on a DW21 was hand crank started?
Don't remember the DW21's pony motor crank position but D7's and D8's came up through the hood and the proper way to use the crank was to never pull it through with your thumb wrapped around the handle for if it kicked back and it would at times and you could find your head between the exhaust stack and the air cleaner inlet.

d9gdon

That's a DW21 with the D337 Roots blown engine if I'm thinking right. It's the one with twin stacks. I don't think all were the same.

mitch504

That was a well worthwhile website.

I do like the way Google Translate rendered some of the captions.

"A DW21 pushes through a D9G"