• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tread on new to me 580B Case Backhoe / Repairs / Projects

GlennLever

Occupation
Retired
So....I was taking to long, and the shop project was waiting on me. There are many more projects I will accomplish with the backhoe, but this projected was time sensitive with winter coming so I broke down and hired a guy to finish the trench.

The Trench to the Barn, Power to the shop, even water

Not sure how to make digging a trench and putting a water pipe and conduit (for power for the shop) into to it interesting.

This is the start of the conversion of the brown barn into my new SHOP!.

I have to start somewhere.
More videos to follow.

Glen Weldon

Last weekend, I finally got my "B" to move well enough to grab a bucket of dirt. I have previously replaced the two easy power steering hoses on each side, but one of the original yellow hoses (the difficult ones to get to) let go while transporting dirt. I removed them and you are right, they were tricky to get to but I could get them off by removing the "T" closest too me (from the left side) after disconnecting the lines. This made it much easier to get to the "T" on the right side. I have to put them back on this weekend. I tried to find new "T" fittings in the same configuration as the stock since mine have a bit of distortion on the angle, but the hydraulic place I went to (Store Room Fasteners) didn't have a fitting like it. If they don't end up sealing, I'll have to do some checking around for some good, used pieces. Please keep us updated on how your machine is doing!

GlennLever

Occupation
Retired
Last weekend, I finally got my "B" to move well enough to grab a bucket of dirt. I have previously replaced the two easy power steering hoses on each side, but one of the original yellow hoses (the difficult ones to get to) let go while transporting dirt. I removed them and you are right, they were tricky to get to but I could get them off by removing the "T" closest too me (from the left side) after disconnecting the lines. This made it much easier to get to the "T" on the right side. I have to put them back on this weekend. I tried to find new "T" fittings in the same configuration as the stock since mine have a bit of distortion on the angle, but the hydraulic place I went to (Store Room Fasteners) didn't have a fitting like it. If they don't end up sealing, I'll have to do some checking around for some good, used pieces. Please keep us updated on how your machine is doing!

Will do, poured the concrete for the shop floor today. Windows are in.

GlennLever

Occupation
Retired
This is the second project I have done with my new used backhoe.

My only real operation experience has been with much smaller equipment.

This is the second day of 50 degree weather here. I wanted to take advantage of the warm weather to try and repair some of the driveway.

It suffered greatly in the barn build and winter.

Any pointers are welcome.