• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Travel problem with a John Deere 110 backhoe

CJLennon

Hey Folks,
As always, thanks to all that mke me look smart. We have a JD 110 backhoe that travels fine when you go slow. As you increase the throttle, it starts to jerk (i.e., pull and then not pull) as if it is dropping hydrostatic pressure. Has any one ever heard of this? Thanks again to all!!!

Chris Lennon

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
Sounds like a speed sensor. They are known to go bad. They are on the right hand side of the engine toward the rear. They tend to go bad in cold weather. One way to check them is to heat the sensor up with a heat gun while it is installed in the engine and see if it drives fine when it is warm. The replacement is about $100 and change if I remember right. There is a 2 wire harness to it and it screws into the engine. Easy replacement.