• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Transport of my CAT 345BLR

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Realy nice video, shows you all how we transport things in Europe.

Lowboy; I think you should have tried this mercedes..:D

And don't stop Cat345BLR this is realy impressing.:notworthy

CAT 345BLR

Occupation
CAT 345 BLR operator
Realy nice video, shows you all how we transport things in Europe.

And don't stop Cat345BLR this is realy impressing.:notworthy

Thanks , i'l do my best

greetings

DigDug

I really like the looks of the Mercedes , wonder why those or other cab overs dont sell here in the U.S. doug

Dualie

I would love to see some picutres of how the neck breaks off that trailer to load the machine.

Also i cant get enough of the video's of the euro low-loaders going around corners using the trailer steering.

You guys have the coolest trailers but in my humble american ME opinion your trucks are ugly. Never liked cab overs, just means your the first at the scene of the crash.

Oh and thats a great looking machine you got there.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)

I don't think I'd look good in one, but I appreciate the thought though.

I have a hard enough time figuring out Volvo's...there's no words on any of the switches or anything. I look at something like the headlight switch, thinking it's the headlights, flip the switch, and next thing I know I'm dumping the air out of the suspension going down the road or even worse yet...unlocking the slider on the 5th wheel...:eek: :eek: :eek: Those Swedes need to realize that there's a whole colony of dummies such as me that need WORDS printed underneath, or within, their switches.

Plus, if the steering wheel is on the wrong side..I'm REALLY a hurtin' cowboy then...:Cowboy That would mean I'd have to shift with my left arm, and the pattern is probably opposite ours in America...see where I'm going with this?:confused:

I wonder if the throttle pedal is on the left, and the brake and clutch on the right in those lefties? It would be a real deal for me to get used to. Kind of like me getting into an excavator with John Deere controls as opposed to Cat. I run a Cat in my sleep, like Stevie Ray Vaughn played his guitar. I get into a Cat plumbed with JD pattern without a diverter valve, and for the first hour, you won't want to be within swinging distance of that bucket...I ain't kiddin'. Put me in a left hand drive CABOVER none the less, with backwards pedals, and I guarannnnteeee,...there'll be some unhappy motorists around this kid for an hour too. I'd be the most IMPORTANT PERSON IN EUROPE for a spell...

You can't send a boy to do a man's job I reckon.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
P.S....Where can I get one of those "Oversize Load" signs printed in "Belgium"?

What a riot that would be...me moving a big load with a sign that says "Vonderschnitzel Wedenkraut" or whatever that sign says on that Mercedes. (Sorry for the poor translation, MKTEF, my Belgium is a little rusty.):falldownlaugh :falldownlaugh :falldownlaugh

CAT 345BLR

Occupation
CAT 345 BLR operator
I would love to see some picutres of how the neck breaks off that trailer to load the machine.

Also i cant get enough of the video's of the euro low-loaders going around corners using the trailer steering.

You guys have the coolest trailers but in my humble american ME opinion your trucks are ugly. Never liked cab overs, just means your the first at the scene of the crash.

Oh and thats a great looking machine you got there.

I have a video , how he is going together

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1050643mj4.flv

Last edited:

wrenchbender

You guys have the coolest trailers but in my humble american ME opinion your trucks are ugly.

I agree with you on the trailers but disagree on the truck that Mercedes Actros looks pretty darn good. It would make one heck of a wrecker.

Wulf

Yes I agree... those European style trucks look the biz in my opinion :cool: Do they still do the on-track truck racing (lorry racing for the brits I guess) over there?

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Oh man, that Scania in the video is awesome. Those trucks are truly awesome. I love KW's and Pete's but those Euro trucks are still pretty sweet.

jazak

Anyone with a "standard" truck (ie. not a cabover) would've had a great time trying to get out of there. Nice video. :D

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
For you lowloader

Here is a roo-bar popular in scandinavia.
This is a original Volvo one.
Scania has similar modells.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9b0lKdPIRo

We don't se so many roo's around here.:eek:
I've copied some signs for u.
The smalest one is of the biggest animal and the most common to collide with.(all over) Hit it straight on with a japanese car and you get a cabriolet.(i am not kidding!)

The reindeers is common in nothern part of Norway.
A driver said yesterday that you'd better not get caught by the lapplanders, if you kill one of their reindeers.
Keep on trucking.
Sheep is more common on the roads in southern part of Norway.
The dear is not so common, but u bether be aware when the sign is there.

The elk is a big piece of meat running cross the road. I have been frightened many times, passing the animal standing in the roadside. Glad it wasn't moving.

The story:
A mecanics was complaining, when repairing the airwalves under a trailer in the garage.
This was in the winter and the customer had just taken the truck inside the garage, without wash and snow removal.
It was full of hair and chunks of reindeer in the frame.
The driver admitted to have killed som reindeer, and that it could be the reason for destroying the airwalves under the trailer.....
(Not so different from squizzy's roo problem.)

Attachments

• elgskilt2.jpg
    elgskilt2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 344
  • rein2.jpg
    rein2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 336
  • sau2.jpg
    sau2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 338
  • hjort2.jpg
    hjort2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 327

dieselpower

Tha'ts wy cabovers are standard trucks over here, ok the street was very narrow, the first real truck (not the MAN on the trailer)to drive out of that street this year
Had to put my car to the side to allow the truck to drive in backwards.
There are a few NH volvos over here but the new version wasn't allowed any more, had something to do with pedestrian savety.
Scania stopped making them because they just didn't sell them anymore.