• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tractor Choice Prior To Purchase

Pottypirate

Occupation
Part time operator
G'Day Guys,

Just about to branch out a little and buy a tractor and aeravator seeder and TR3 rake.
I was just about to put a deposit on the New Holland Boomer 35 after advice the 3 point would lift the aeravator no worries.
But after looking at the specs myself, it says 820kg at the ball ends and 610kg 24" out. The UA60 seeder spec sheet says you need a 620kg 3 point lift (doesn't state ball ends or 24"). Never owning a tractor before, plant equipment only should i be looking at the next size up the Boomer 40 which has a lift of 1250 at ball ends. I imagine I'd have to go off the 24" from ball end specs where the implement is to be accurate correct? Which puts the 35 right at the limits of lift capacity maybe just over at 24" by the time you add seed. Have I been given bad advice from the seller of the seeder saying the 35 would lift it or do they under rate these lift capacities? I will have the tractor before the seeder so i'd hate to buy it and realize it won't do the job it was purchased for.
If I went the Boomer 40 i would be paying another 2150 extra and not have HST transmission. With the type of work aerating and seeding horse paddocks and horse arena renovation with the TR3 rake and gravel driveway restoration do you see the New Holland Syncro shuttle shift being any less easier to use?
Note I have no tractor knowledge but can and do drive all sorts of plant so clutch and gears is fairly normal for me

seville009

my suggestion would be to have the tractor dealer hook up a 3 pt implement to the tractor model you are buying that weighs more than what your desired implement will be and see how the tractor handles it.