• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tracks

dbf577

I have been working in a little mud lately and my tracks are building up mud how of do i need to clean them out? Thanks

ben46a

well before it dries completely will be the easiest, as long as your chains arent always riding in it and your rollers are all turning you should be fine.

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
Im quite certain that either Cat or John Deere dealerships have for sale a "track shovel " .... the ones i have seen look like ..one half of a post hole digger but a little longer with a handle ...

swampdog

Im quite certain that either Cat or John Deere dealerships have for sale a "track shovel " .... the ones i have seen look like ..one half of a post hole digger but a little longer with a handle ...

It sounds as if you are describing a trenching shovel, which is available at most hardware stores. That's what I carry on my excavator.

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
It sounds as if you are describing a trenching shovel, which is available at most hardware stores. That's what I carry on my excavator.

YEAH ..thats it ...either or ...our's came from the dealer ..one stop shopping

td25c

I usualy just clean out around the top roller's during the work day.If the temp is below freezing I clean the whole undercarrige at the end of the day.I hate working in mud with a dozer but sometimes you have to.

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
I usualy just clean out around the top roller's during the work day.If the temp is below freezing I clean the whole undercarrige at the end of the day.I hate working in mud with a dozer but sometimes you have to.

sure as hell beats blowing the seals out of the final drives in the morning ..

Clayton M

If you have a water truck anywhere around get him to spray them out with his hose.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
That's what mine look like all the time, I just wait till i'm done with the job and just shovel it out. It's easier when its wet, but you get all nasty so I let it dry if I have time.

Attachments

• tracks.jpg
    tracks.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 225

DPete

Pic worth 1000 words, the longer you wait the harder it is to shovel because the mud compacts as it is jiggled. I get the carrier rollers at lunch and the whole frame either at quitting or the next AM while the machine warms up.

Attachments

• IM000491.jpg
    IM000491.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 219

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
oh man i used to you falt shovels to do it and one day one of the guys gave me one of those man on man nothing better

Northart

Track Shovel

Here's what I carried on the grader to clean mud,rock,dirt off the moldboard and elsewhere.

Attachments

• Anvik Job 1 300.jpg
    Anvik Job 1 300.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 198

DPete

Sure is nice to get done with a muddy job and back in some real dirt where you don't have to shovel every day. The only thing worse than mud is getting tangled up in barbed wire

Last edited: