• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tracks 4 my 257b

optherockman

Hi, I'm new here.:cool2 I am a small general excavation contractor, doing mostly backfill, retaining walls and driveways:canada:. My question is regarding my 257b. I know that some are not fans of this machine but I couldn't do with out it:notworthy. Anyhow I am running "Bair products" front idlers( I have noticed increased track wear but less idler wear and it is nice to be able to grease the axle:)), and now it is time for tracks:(:. I have found a few different aftermarket brands but the prices seem to vary, and what about quality. Should I go with "stock" tracks as I have 1100 hrs on them and have seen pictures of machine running on tracks much worse than mine:beatsme.
Thanks for any input