• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Toy's

Buddy

Occupation
Equipment mechanic (Retired)
Hi TSK415
Sorry it took me so long to get back to answer your questions about paint color , and attachments.
The Allis orange is close enough but, you can get the exact color code from Gerhart machinery.
I spent a lot of money going that direction on one of my machines but , I was disappointed because the paint did not hold up.
I am thinking about going with Equipment Orange from ACE hardware on my shovel project I am working on now.
The color is very close and seems to hold up really good.
I painted another machine for a friend two years ago it and still looks fresh.

About the attachments ! Well , they are around, you just got to get out and look !
I have been lucky looking and asking around old quarrys.
They will scrap out the main machine along with what ever it has on it at the time but , a lot of times , the additional attachments have been taken off or changed out years earlier. They will shove the other attachment off to the side some where and forgotten about until some one comes along and ask. Like me :D

vintex

Occupation
really heavy equipment operatore
toys

a man after my own heart! great collection when im able to post stuff ill put up some pictures of my own toys iv got a couple of northwests amongst other things not to many left "down under" now though

vintex

Occupation
toys

hi again
dominion 410 if you check out stripmine.org there is a link to a russian mining web site its not in english but there is a mass of pics and i remember seeing draglines rigged with frost points thought this might help,

Buddy

Occupation
Having fun !

Thought I would add a picture of me having fun with the Northwest shovel at our local show summer 2007

Attachments

• Copy of 2007 362.jpg
    Copy of 2007 362.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,771

bigblueox

that looks like field days of the past! i have a ton of pics to post from this past year! sorry i haven't gotten back to you buddy.

TSK415

Buddy, thanks for the suggestion on color. Wow! That looks like a lot of fun! Happy Holidays, everyone!

Tugger

Toys

Hi
Its great to see old iron saved from scrap.My old 15B still earns its keep doing the odd pile driving or clamming job.
Best regards
Dave

Galen Brown

Hi Buddy!

We talked last at the HCEA show last summer in PA. I wanted to touch base, I bought a Bucyrus 14B Its a small crane and came with back hoe. This machine looks totally different from the 15B. Sort of an updated 10B. I believe its from the early 60s. Hope u get this.

vintex

Occupation
14 b

hi galen
any chance of a few photos of your 14B i hav a english 14RB that i saved from the scrap it would be nice to see the american counter part,
regards vintex

Galen Brown

Hi Vintex,

I got the 14B moved. Started right up with a new battery and some ether. Loaded the hoe onto a small trailer and walked the crane up on another lowboy. Steering clutches not functioning well and looses air pressure too so I need to inspect the lower works. She is rusty but all there. Will post pics soon as AIm able. How about your machine. I plan to attach hoe which is actually a 15 b straight boom hoe.

Casepoclain

Occupation
Farming/ Realtor
Buddy... What do you know about that Huber roller? I'm looking for one of about that vintage, but with solid wheels... not the spoke type. Randy

tripper_174

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Trainer
Nice collection. Good to see the D2. My Dad started me on that when I was ten years old cleaning up breaking. I believe that if you can run one of those old girls, you can operate almost anything! I haven't seen one with the fuel tank on the side like that since. I was beginning to think that I was imagining that it was actually like that. Thanks for the photo as it eases my mind! I've been looking for one up here to fix up but haven't found one yet.

pbean

I am about 1 hou 15 min away from fredricksburg and been to the feild days of the past many times we bought a unit crane from around rockville almost 10 years ago ill try to get some pics on here very nice pics thanks for posting

Buddy

Occupation
Hi Casepoclain
I don't know much about the old Huber roller at all. I do know the year is a 1951 because I have a serial number book I looked it up on. The engine is a Cat D315 that runs very good , in fact I have the roller in my shop now going through everything and getting it ready for a fresh coat of paint this spring.
I am looking for some manuals for it now. I would like to find a shop manual and the operators manuals for it. I just keep my eye on Ebay ..
I did have a guy come in here last week , and he told me of another roller that looked a lot like mine sitting in the woods on a place he hunts. I have not had time to check it out yet . When I do , I will get pictures and post them here .

TSK415

Hi vintex, was wondering if you had some pictures of you NW's. Were they made down there or shipped?

Casepoclain

Occupation
Farming/ Realtor
Buddy...

I have a parts and or operators manual here, I can't find it as my daughter is at the age where everything gets carried away and put in a corner. I'll find it and copy it and send it to you. I don't think I want to part with them.

I did find this machines shop card... S/N 10-12512, it too had the D315 Citty Cat in it. We always just pull started it. I never ran it... all those years. Dad and I did the sewers, the earth moving crew used it to seal up at the end of the day on a fill, or when they cut street slots.

I would be interested in the one in the woods if it needs a home. Curious if it has solid or spoked wheels. Ours were solid.

Let me know if you know the year of ours, I'm curious!

Thanks

Buddy

Occupation
I just picked up a few more toys last week. (2) Model 41 Northwest cranes and a Caterpillar D8H. I will post pictures ASAP ! Been very busy !