• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Toy's

Lashlander

You gotta love the older stuff. Is that crane a 22B? I've done a lot of work with a 22B.
Do you collect or do you use them? We need a few more pics!

Buddy

Occupation
Equipment mechanic (Retired)
Yes Lashlander , That is a 22B. 1956 model.
I collect , repair and operate these old machines as a hobby.
I just hate for them to get cut up.

Bigblueox , I live (9) miles from Sparta. Where are you ?

Dieseldave , I will try to post more pictures tonight.
The Bucyrus Erie is a 1956 22B , powered with a pony start D315 Caterpillar.
The Northwest with the backhoe attachment (pull shovel) is a 1951 model 25. this machine is powered with a 371 Detroit.
The Northwest with the shovel attachment is a 1956 model . This machine is powered with a MP11 Murphy.
The old roller is a future project. This Huber roller is powered with a pony start D315 Cat.

Like I said earlier I will try to post more pictures tonight.

Buddy

Occupation
More pictures of my iron.

Attachments

• Buddy's 2008 007.jpg
    Buddy's 2008 007.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 4,343
  • Buddy's 2008 195.jpg
    Buddy's 2008 195.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 4,372
  • Buddy's 2008 022.jpg
    Buddy's 2008 022.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 4,357

Buddy

Occupation
More toy's

Attachments

• 2008 042.jpg
    2008 042.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 4,337
  • Buddy's 2008 006.jpg
    Buddy's 2008 006.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4,305

bigblueox

I'm in fredericksburg, i used to travel that way do you know maxie broadus? i used to race at newtown sand drag strip.

Buddy

Occupation
Hi bigblueox
Yes I know Maxie , and his brother Mike too. You being kinda close you should come down and visit sometime.
You have any old iron?

bigblueox

I'd love to see some of that stuff in person, is this you personal collection?not nearly anything as interesting as you. and old d-2 dozer, a 955l, some mildly vintage farm equipment, some new and some in between.

bigblueox

the excavator looks familar. you didn't happen to be @ field days of the past with any of your equipment?

Buddy

Occupation
Hi bigblueox
Yes ! This is my personal collection. Yes , I did have the excavator at the field day of the past several years ago. I quit taking my personal stuff out their because of the price of trucking. I still go their every year , a week before the start of the field day . I get the antique construction equipment out of the sheds service them , and get them ready to run.
I am in chairman in charge of that part of the Field Day .
Bigblueox , send me your phone number in a private message and a good time to call , I will call you . We can shoot the breeze!

TSK415

Hi Buddy! Cool collection! The NorthWest shovels are neat! Were the cranes running when you acquired them? This spring I got a 1953 NorthWest 25 dragline. It has a K-428 Budda gas six cylinder in it. Saved it from the scrap yard.

Is the NorthWest with the clam yours too? Or do you swap out a shovel for a boom?

Last edited:

Buddy

Occupation
Hi TSK415
None of the machines I have were running when I got them but , with a little TLC they came back to life.
I took the crane boom off of the one Northwest and put on the shovel attachment.
I already had the Bucyrus 22B with a crane boom and the one Northwest with the pullshovel attachment but , I wanted a machine with a shovel so I would have one of each.
What I would really like is to find someone that would like to trade me the Bucyrus for another Northwest or find another Northwest I could buy .

Then I would have all Northwest machines with all three attachments.
That is a nice looking machine you have !
Do you have any manuals on it ?
Do you have any other attachments with it ?

Dominion 410

Model 25

I never get tired of the retro-look of these machines.My dad and uncles have had a Model 25 for close to fifty years,s/n 14708.Cat D-318 powered.It has forty feet of crane boom,hook,clam and backhoe attachment.Also the frost point which I have been trying to find some pictures.It is basically a large steel shaft about 12''diameter by eight feet long with a tooth welded on the end.The stick for the backhoe and bucket were removed and the frost point installed and rigged up.That must have been quite the weapon to sit in all day with those short tracks pounding that frozen ground.

TSK415

Hi Buddy
Thanks. Looks like you're restoring them.
I was planning on restoring my 25. The closest match to the original color I've found is the New Allis Chalmers Orange. What color are you using?
I have the operating and parts manual. I don't have any attachments but looking to buy a clam bucket. How did you find your attachments?
It took a couple of weeks to get it going. The swing jaw clutch was frozen. It really took off when it came loose! Had to recore the radiator, relined the hoist brake bands. The drums are pitted moderately, any suggestions on what I could do with them?
Dominion 410 - It would be interesing to see the frost point.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
i have spent some quality time on a #6. that makes a man out of you. i have a chance to buy a #25 with a cat but i would much rather listen to an old murphy chug-chug behind me.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I love to see some one restoring old equipment, The scrappers here took everything almost. My neighbor had an old Construction business along time ago wouldnt part with a bolt. Then hisd son stole a scraper and cut it up. The town put him under pressure to clean one lot in town up. He had an old gradall, A complete straight 350 IHC Duo pac roller, 2 old D7's , 3 HD21 one low hours and one pusher ripper all with new tracks, several rollers, an other parts. also went away with a BayCity truck crane and a pair of Unit truck cranes. Also had a Hyster D7 cat mounted Dragline and drag shovel unit they bought. Then came over in the country a Cut up a rebuilt TD20 That i ran for him last year, HD 16 and a an HD19 a 295E 33 yard elevating scraper, and a running 260 Old straght shift scraper I tried to buy hacked all to hell and another running gradall. Saved was a 1966 B&E shovel and Hes still got a running Unit dragline I want but the swing lock is frozen. Id do about anything to get to learn to run a drag line and a Gradall.

TSK415

Gerhard's (spelling?) in PA sells NorthWest machines. I would be interested in attachments if I could find any.