• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Towing/Recovery of disabled 930E

RioCan

Looking for information from mine sites that utilize Komatsu 930E haul trucks and what type of recovery or towing system you use to retrieve disabled trucks from the field. Looking for any details on the system including any pictures you might have.

If you could share any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

alco

I don't have any pictures, but we run a few 930Es. We have two tow trucks, one at each mine. They are 793Bs with Towhaul tow systems on them. They utilize a hookup point welded into the front bumper of the truck to act as a receiver to accept the pin on the tow truck from underneath. The trucks are equipped with a hydraulic buddy system so that they can hook up to the disabled truck and dump it before hauling it in. They work pretty well, but don't haul the 930Es very often, most of the time they are busy with the Liebherrs.

Brian