• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Torque Cover S60 Genie

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
If the seal's blown, send the motor out to get checked because I have my doubts normal motor case pressure would be enough to blow the hub cover apart.

Bob Reese

Thank you guys for your input...the seal is defanatly blown, as close as I an tell the planetary gears look ok, is it possible to just reseal the motor and replace the cover?

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
You can try but if the motor is worn out and bypassing excessively it'll likely blow the seal out again.

Txhayseed

Case drain test. Worn drive motor will bypass through case drain more than it " should or compared to a known good wheel motor " . Or let a shop put on a test bench and you will get a definitive answer.