• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Torjan 2000 transmission check and fill location

curtisprc

I have a 70's trojan 2000 wheel loader, I bought it fairly cheap. It runs good, but I want to check transmission fluid and not sure where is located or what type to use. Any help on this would be awesome!! Thanks in advance gentlemen!!

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
On my 2000, it has a dipstick at the front to the right of the driveshaft. I know that you have to keep it full. I use dextron II. It is an Allison

curtisprc

Ok thanks, I believe the previous owner was using transmission fluid as well. I know some older units call for regular engine oil, I just wanted to be sure.

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
I think you can use either. Does your loader have an Allison or a Clarke tranny? I also had another loader with an Allison, it had 2 taps on the front, 1 above the other, top one was full mark, other was low mark when you opened the tap to check level.

curtisprc

I'm not sure which transmission is in the unit, I asked the previous owner and he's unsure as well.

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
On the side of transmission, looking at the bottom there should be a tag, saying Allison, model likely a tt-2241-1. If it’s an Allison.