• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

toolcat 5600

240gordy

Occupation
Automotive and Heavy Duty Tech.
Hi all, working on a 2012 bobcat toolcat with the keyless start system. I cannot get the unit to crank after a repair to fuel system I performed. As soon as I hit the "code" button the the keypad it locks itself out, marker lights on outside of the beast come on for some reason and stay on, and the unit is completely unresponsive. I have to disconnect the battery in order to try it again and to get the outside marker lights to shut off. but it only does the same thing all over again. beeps once, dash comes on, then lights in dash go out, markers come on and its all locked up. A little history on the repairs I just performed on it: there was fair amount of water in fuel tank and was freezing up the fuel line/filter/primer bulb on machine, I managed to get It into shop under its own power, dropped out the fuel tank and cleaned out all water, then re-installed and added new fuel, blew out lines. Then I went to start machine and it cranked a while and I was in the process of priming fuel system and went back to crank some more and then this issue with the keyless start all of a sudden occurred....
Battery is good, but I tried another one just incase it was shorted somehow, no luck. disconnected all wires to starter and fuel shut off solenoid at injection pump just incase something there was shorted, no luck, the screen in the dash and the exterior lights still do the same thing! what is going on here? do I have a shorted computer or circuit board? I swear its got nothing to do with me removing the fuel tank, there was nothing under there that has anything to do with computer. Any help is appreciated.