• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tool insurance

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I spent 200 maybe 3 and made it a couple gifts to replace worn broke stuff, its really so minor not worth the insurance and never have had a theft claim, only 1 fire loss and a lot actually survived that. Year before a couple pair of snips and a 50$ battery drill. I think one of the 15$ items I add this year I simply did not have and should is 1/2 impact wobble extensions. I aint gotta use that stuff on every bolt I own but so handy and so painless at that price, pay for itself in a single event. So much better than swivels if it can be done. Untill proven otherwise the truck guy the bank and the insurance man along with the sales tax collector can kee them and I be more than happy to walk out of HF feeling like I stole them.

Last edited:

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
A bud fixed up an older truck a while back, its ok and like he said, the bank aint riding with me. I understand older guys with older tools and a few newer we might have paid a lot of money for but lots of it wouldnt do it again if I had to replace it tomorrow to get back to work. Nothing is as efficient as collect as needed vs speculative buying to some extent. I reached a point after a couple auctions to let good deal stuff go I didnt have an immediate need for. I need 3/4 when I do but dont need to backup backup and dupe every piece.
I reduce the risk of it being targeted for theft due to the fact its not valuable as a cash concern. We hate to lose it but its not worth real tracking or accounting.

Last edited: