• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tonka's Truck Pictures...

sbrem

Good luck with the new job Tonka. At least you know that working for Hillwick no matter which truck you end up driving, it will be a nice one!

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Well let's get back to it....

Here is Widow Maker, owned and operated by Todd & Beth Roccapriore, out of Hebron, CT. Todd & Beth also own Chopped 93 featured a few pages back...

Attachments

• Clean1.jpg
    Clean1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 2,440
  • clean2.jpg
    clean2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 2,440
  • clean3.jpg
    clean3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 2,427
  • clean4.jpg
    clean4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,427
  • clean5.jpg
    clean5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,453

monster truck

Here is a truck my dad used to have, it's also the one I learned to drive in. It used to do the show circut years ago when there was time and it worked every day up until 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, about six years ago a coupler came apart on a PC400 and the full bucket fell into the back of the of the trailer and completely destroyed it, the truck suffered some pretty severe damage as well and the driver was also injured. The truck was repaired and the driver healed and both went back to work with a new trailer.

The truck was used to pull just about everything from tankers to lowbeds until about three years ago when an electrical fire started in the engine compartment. The driver parked the truck, grabbed his lunch box, walked away and called us. By the time me and my dad got there the fire had been put out by another driver and we found the driver of this truck sittin on a rock, eating a sandwich. :mad:

The electrical system, firewall, hood and everything under it was destroyed. The truck is currently parked out behind the shop waiting for a rebuild with a full fire extinguisher still sitting right inside the drivers door, next to the seat. :Banghead
It will probably stay there for quite awhile.

I know this picture is terrible but it is the only one I have of the truck/trailer combo when they were in thier prime.

Attachments

• trucks 021.jpg
    trucks 021.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,341

monster truck

i would hate to see such a beautiful truck go up in flames or even crash.

That truck has definately had some hard luck over the years. It was pulling a brand new frameless aluminum end dump for about two months until it was also destroyed when it hit an overpass. The driver claims that the PTO was NOT engaged (I call bulls#it) and that the trailer just started going up on its own. :beatsme

He had gone about twenty miles and had gone under quite a few overpasses before he hit this one so I think he never disengaged the PTO at the dump site and somehow hit the dump lever while going down the road. The whole PTO/hydralic system in the truck was inspected and found to be in perfect working order so it wasnt the trucks fault.

After that incedent It got a new 34' frameless rip rap trailer that lasted about a year before my dad (of all people :tong) laid it over at his house while doing a little weekend project.

Now that I think about it, it was pulling an end dump when it caught fire as well. Maybe when it gets fixed we should pull the locking fithwheel off of it so it cant pull anymore end dumps. :drinkup

monster truck

Were in no rush to fix it, no point in doing all that work until we see what the new emissions laws are gonna do. :Banghead That and we just dont have the work for it anymore so who knows what will happen to it. I do know that those straight satcks would look pretty good on my dump truck!

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Here is an old Hillwick ride, with a makeover, Bob had a guy in this truck when it was Grey they called it Grey Goose. The driver was having an affair with Bobs wife, so Bob kicked them both to the curb... and this truck was repainted... blue and white seminol scheem you see here!:notworthy

Attachments

• 22hillwick3.jpg
    22hillwick3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,174
  • 22hillwick2.jpg
    22hillwick2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,201
  • 22hillwick1.jpg
    22hillwick1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2,216
  • 22hillwick4.jpg
    22hillwick4.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2,175
  • 22hillwick5.jpg
    22hillwick5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,167

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Here is a new truck to the Hillwick fleet..truck # 40.:notworthy

Attachments

• 40hillwick4.jpg
    40hillwick4.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2,191
  • 40hillwick2.jpg
    40hillwick2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,202
  • 40hillwick1.jpg
    40hillwick1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,190
  • 40hilwick3.jpg
    40hilwick3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,193
  • 40hillwick5.jpg
    40hillwick5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 2,166

monster truck

I rounded up a few more, This truck was on display at a race I had in Mariposa Ca. I didnt get to talk to the owner so I dont know a whole lot about it other than it is called "Rock Slide" and it works every day.

Attachments

• old pics 030.jpg
    old pics 030.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,073
  • old pics 029.jpg
    old pics 029.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,081
  • old pics 028.jpg
    old pics 028.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,061

monster truck

Heres a few more of my dad and grandpa's trucks.

First up is truck number 12, in this picture it had a 3400 gallon water tank on the back but we regularly switched it back and forth to a dump body with a 16' rock box. We could usually complete the change over in 5 to 6 hours with two people.

The second is truck number 30 pulling a 40' vacuum trailer up at the geysers geothermal electric plant. This truck was later rebuilt into a dump truck with a rock box and was sold off shortly after.

Third is truck number 20 set up as a transfer, this truck could also be switched to a water truck when needed.

Fourth is truck number six, the service truck, at my grandpa's house during a flood about three years ago. At its highest the water reached the door handles on the tool boxes.:eek:

The last picture is another shot of my grandpa's yard during the flood. On the left is a '96 pete 379 that we call "Gordo" for some reason:beatsme. In the middle is my uncles peterbilt log truck and on the right is a wrecked frieghtliner that my grandpa bought for the motor and running gear.

Attachments

• old pics 025.jpg
    old pics 025.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,052
  • old pics 017.jpg
    old pics 017.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2,049
  • old pics 014.jpg
    old pics 014.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,037
  • old pics 026.jpg
    old pics 026.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,054
  • old pics 027.jpg
    old pics 027.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,049

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
I rounded up a few more, This truck was on display at a race I had in Mariposa Ca. I didnt get to talk to the owner so I dont know a whole lot about it other than it is called "Rock Slide" and it works every day.
That truck used to be owned by Jeff Bothello, then later sold it to that guy, jeff sold it because he grew tired of wipeing it down after every load...