• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

tlb tools

AngryGnome

What do you reckon the biggest socket used on a backhoe? I'm adding to my toolbox and don't want a bunch of stuff I won't use.

johnny_waz

Occupation
Engineering
A good 3/4in drive socket set will probably cover all your needs. If you need some larger 1in drive socket for that "Special Ocassion", its probably cheaper to just buy that 1 socket, unless you repair for a living. The other things to consider would be, LARGE wrenches. Alot of the hydraulic fittings require larger wrenches that are not included in the automotive type wrench sets (Over 1in in size). Another handy tool used by me more times than any other, Channellock 20 1/4in. Tongue & Groove "Big Azz" Pliers. Great for removing LARGE thread on filters.