• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TL26 problem

BIGBEN2004

Glad to see a Takeuchi man on board. My new TL130 when it is cold will start up and run for a few seconds and then stall. Even when I glow plug it and bump the throttle up a little it still likes to stall. Could it be that the oil is cold and thick and it is reading low oil pressure for a couple of seconds and it is safety to shut down? It doesn't do it all the time but only when it is really cold. It only has 105 Hrs on it and I haven't called the dealer about it yet since it is not a big problem yet. Also when I say cold I mean only about 10'F degrees or so which isn't super cold but still pretty dang cold.

Ohio Takeuchi

Glad to see a Takeuchi man on board. My new TL130 when it is cold will start up and run for a few seconds and then stall. Even when I glow plug it and bump the throttle up a little it still likes to stall. Could it be that the oil is cold and thick and it is reading low oil pressure for a couple of seconds and it is safety to shut down? It doesn't do it all the time but only when it is really cold. It only has 105 Hrs on it and I haven't called the dealer about it yet since it is not a big problem yet. Also when I say cold I mean only about 10'F degrees or so which isn't super cold but still pretty dang cold.

Yes, it maybe the low oil pressure causing it to shutdown. The light should be on the control panel as well. Also, just to make sure you are using the glow plugs. You have to turn and hold the key to the left and hold it until the glow plug light goes off. That is different than alot of machines which you put to the acc position. If it is really cold I would suggest doing it twice. See if that helps.

BIGBEN2004

Yea I will try the twice method. Also the reason I think it is the low oil pressure is like you said it is on the side control panel and it is still flashing when the engine stalls out. I like the glow plug feater how it is. I like that I have to turn the key back and hold this away they are not being used every day like some manufacturers are. We used to have a New Holland on the farm that every morning even in the summer you would turn the key on and wait for the glow plugs. Just seemed like it was wearing them out faster then normal.

Mendo

I'm experiencing similar difficulty with a TL26 (TL26-2, 4JB1, Zexel injection pump). Any tips on locating the fuel shut off solenoid? I was expecting to find it inline with the injection lines, but nothing found.

Thanks in advance for any help.

chrisw21_2000

The tl26 and 126 uses a varible displacement piston pump. If you run it dry for a second it scars up the assembly. It has a valve that lets fluid fill it but if not mistaking it will nor refill if running. So if you drain the system its best to refill the pumps before restarting to avoid damage. Mine blew a hose of the drive motor and I had to repair my pump by truing up the plates and piston assembly. It's likely that you have done this to yours if it won't pull correctly. That or the pilot pressures are off and/or the seals on the servos are bad. Mine will push about anything at quarter to half throttle. I have a 99 tl126 with 2500 hrs.

chrisw21_2000

I'm experiencing similar difficulty with a TL26 (TL26-2, 4JB1, Zexel injection pump). Any tips on locating the fuel shut off solenoid? I was expecting to find it inline with the injection lines, but nothing found.

Thanks in advance for any help.

On the right side (if you were sitting in the seat) with the cab up, its under the air box towards the bottom of the machine. It's a linear acutator type solenoid. You can pull the cut off and kill the engine if need be. Common problem is to keep running when key is off. Most likely in the pile of wiring beside the pump. The solenoid can be checked with an ohm meter with it unplugged it should read low resistance. Say less than 20ohms I believe.

Last edited: