• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TL150 Electrical Issue

Ethan756

I bought a Takeuchi TL150 (2002) not long ago. The previous owner had replaced the key switch with a universal and it went bad not long after I got it. I replaced the switch with an identical unit and wired exactly as it was done before. Now when I turn the key to "ON", I hear a buzzing sound, coming from what sounds like under the left control tower. If I try to crank it, I'm getting a clicking coming from the left side of the engine and nothing turns over. I thought it would be the starter solenoid, but I believe that's on the right side of the engine. I have a good battery with 12.5V. Can anyone offer any help as to what over there is doing the clicking and the buzzing?