• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tl 130 blower motor

yohe41

Occupation
operating engineer/ owner
suddenly my tl 130 only has high on the blower controls anyone know if there is a resistor somewhere?

heymccall

Nope. No resistor.
Firstly, there are two blower motors, one on each side, wired in parallel. Are they both working?
2ndly, the motors are 4 wire, one for each speed, plus ground. Between the two motors, once the cover is off, there are two relays. They control which of the 3 blower wires gets power, iirc.
So, foregoing the "is there a relay" question, I'd start at the blower switch, testing for output at each of the ON positions first.

Meemo

Did you ever find a solution? My TL130 is doing the same thing. I took everything apart, I cleaned the contacts on all connectors, the switch seems to be good in all positions as checked by a multimeter. Both of the relays also checked out as good. Both blower motors run in the high position but nothing in the other two positions. What else could it be? I’m at my wits end trying to figure this out.

Meemo

Update: I took everything apart again, and put 12V right to each wire at the connectors closest to the blower motors. Fans would run on the orange wire but not on the other two. I decided to pull one of the motors and clean it really good thinking that might be the problem. I’m 99.9% sure I have found the problem…when I pulled the motor I realized there is a resistor mounted on the motor. I’m fairly certain this is the problem. I will try to attach a photo. I found them on Amazon for about $45/each. I will report back here if this ends up being the solution. Hopefully this will help the next person with this same problem that comes here looking for answers.
.IMG_1815.jpeg

Arny L

There has to be a resistor, to give you different speeds, and its usually located in the air stream to keep it cool. That definitely appears to be it, from your photo.

Meemo

Update #2: Yep! that did the trick…after replacing the resistors on both blower motors ($45/ ea. from Amazon), all 3 fan speeds are working. Hope this helps someone with the same issue.