• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TL 10 fan air flow direction

Wdrdb

I have an oil leak somewhere on my Takeuchi TL10, cleaned motor. Ready to fire it up and video once warm to locate the leak. Just want to know if cooling fan is blowing air through the radiator or pulling air through onto motor. This information would help me figure out the oil stains and find leak faster

Wdrdb

I believe it will blow out thru the back.
could be wrong
thank you. I believe it as well. The oil is all over the fan, if the fan was sucking air in, the oil would not build up on fan. I believe the four inch rubber hose connecting the turbo oil return hard line to motor case it’ll the leak. There is oil on motor block towards the front of machine behind starter. So the fan pulling air away from that area would target that connector hose as the leak. Nothing else moving oil is past tgat hose and oil on both sides and everywhere do you fan sucking it and throwing it around.