• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Timing JCB injection pump???

dirtfarmer

Occupation
farming
Have a JCB 532 telehandler and getting ready to remove the injection pump. Is there a way to put it in time before I remove it? More or less I'm going to nee to know how to time it when I put it back together. Any advice is appreciated.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
DONT pull it off w/o timing it FIRST..
U have to go thru the front side of the pump/engine..
There may b a water pump or a 3/4/5 sided plug..
Once u get access to the front of the pump, you’ll see an extra hole.. the rest r full of bolts..
Rotate the engine IN THE CORRECT NORMAL RUNNING ROTATION.. until that hole is at 6:00.. then u can use the timing pin, (back side of a drill bit)
to go thru the gear and into the pump hsg itself..
Next, lock the pump drive using the locking bolt on the pump..

thepumpguysc

Occupation
If u try to time it w the pump off..
Bad things will happen..
When u get the pump back, it’ll be locked to #1 w an offset * built in..
So when you go to install it, all the bolt holes will line up..
Whatever you do.. DO NOT UNLOCK THE PUMP UNTIL YOUR ENGINE IS CORRECT..
It’ll never run right..

dirtfarmer

Occupation
farming
Bad things will happen..
It’ll never run right..
You have gave me a lot of helpful information seeings how I've never delt with a JCB engine before. I hope that I can continue to call on you if I have any questions. Thanks for your help. Would you be interested in rebuilding my pump if and when I get it off?

dominichawkins

here is a odd question, while having fuel problems (no sorted) the lad played around with the timing bolt on the pump, ran the engine with the washer loose and also tight.
the pump hasn't been removed just the lift pump replaced and now fuel problem with pipe sorted but the digger runs high no no response form the throttle on the top of the pump. it doesn't miss but cant rev it up and starts up at 2500 rpm. any ideas or have we broken the pump but running with the bolt in the wrong place

thepumpguysc

Occupation
I’ve never seen one that was messed up by running with the timing bolt locked..
U probably have water contamination in the fuel which stuck the metering valve..
Look behind the throttle, there’s probably a manual shut off lever..(hidden)
Run the engine and SLOWLY pull the s/o lever.. until the engine STARTS to slow down and RELEASE IT.. keep working it back and forth until the mv is free..
Good luck

Guarino1124

So upon trying to prime my 2004 jbc 214e i come to find out that i had pulled the timing plug on my injector pump im fairly new to this and i did attempt to start it with said plug removed

Dylanfddc

Bad things will happen..
It’ll never run right..
Would you have to take the engine out if the pumps off and the engine’s out of time. If so what’s the procedure after if you don’t mind me asking?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
The pump has a tapered drive shaft that supports the drive gear.. If the engine/pump wasn’t timed before removing it.. u just bolt the pump up..
DO NOT UNLOCK IT.!!
Put the gear on the pump shaft loose enough for it to spin..
THEN do your timing procedure..
When you’re all done timing the engine, degrease the pump shaft and gear, blow dry and torque the gear to spec.. and
UN-LOCK THE PUMP..

Dylanfddc

I’m not sure if it’s been spun with out the pump in, if so will it be engine out and time it all?
Thank you for your reply