• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Time for new service truck body/crane

StanRUS

One of are trucks is maintainer yes the control seams little jerky but guy that runs truck is use to it and it's smooth to him . The tiger crane on STI is smooth but I don't like button lay out as well. On heated compartment I have done it two ways both small skid loader cab heater or boat cabin heater coolant or electric . In Midwest where it's colder put 3/8 foam on inside compartment to insulate where it's not so cold or if you use coolant heater you don't need to insulate . Have any body ran liftmoore cranes last few years I really thinking about one on my next truck cause there 10000 pound crane has 30feet reach but it's rated at 10000 at 7.2 feet instead of 4-6 feet like some cranes . Had a 6000 liftmoore 10-12 years ago and it was plenty good
Checked Liftmoore 72100XP30...operating weight 2985lbs...hoist speed 32or45FPM conflicting data...Liftmoore will not sell direct, you have to purchase from a dealer; cost quoted $33,000.00. IMO better crane would be Tiger 1069 rated 11,000lbs @ 6ft, price F.O.B $23,192.00 / operating weight 2725lbs

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
If you don't post pics when it shows up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing will really happen but it would be the proper forum edicate to finish what you started for the good of the order of the thread and all that are deeply invested in it.....TIO

StanRUS

New service truck / body

How about White KW (STI photo) with 1/4" 304 stainless steel workbench
Lowered Welding compartment floor (shown 59" height) so the oxygen cylinder cap can be removed while secured in place.
Compartment Door over the rear wheel open vertically example
http://www.certifiedtruckbodies.com/images/tb/crane/3_16.jpg
You do not walk around open doors instead walk under the open doors

cheers

Attachments

• TC-Flash-edit_2.jpg
    TC-Flash-edit_2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Oxy compartment.jpg
    Oxy compartment.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 183

still learn'n

My Kenworth T300 had a 14' Dakota on it when we bought it used and I have run it for 2 yrs and not had any issues with it. Dakota don't make cranes so it has a stellar crane on it. Had a 2'x5' light pole pier come sliding out of dump truck in shop and go banging into front right compartment on the bottom ledge of it and I was surprised it didn't do more damage then it did! Jerry

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk