• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Timberjack 240 Mongrel

67225C

Hello all.. Up here in Maine a buddy of mine has ran I to a stand still with his TJ. Somewhere along the line it had bigger rear ends put under it. All we can figure is that they were the ones used in the timberjack loaders that were made.. and only a handful at that. Hoping to find someone with parts or a parts dealer with availability?! Thanks.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Timber jack stuff is getting pretty rare. Try Harold’s logging in hampden. I believe he’s got most of the old manuals and would know where to find parts

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Not sure what parts you need but I don't believe they made there own gear sets, planetaries, etc. Unless you need a housing you should be able to get internal parts once you open it up and identity them.

67225C

He's been to harolds.. they've never seen anything like it. They didn't make their own parts, they used Eaton and Rockwell in the skiddersfor the most part. As for what he has in his housings is a mystery. He needs the x, and nosepin at this point. Or two whole different rearends.

67225C

Yes, Clark rearends
Boys she'd never run right again!!! Going with eaton's or rockwell's if we cant find the right parts to fit the ones he has under it now. In the meantime I got me a chopper for a few weeks.

dieseldog5.9

They had different rears depending on the year, post a picture of the hub, older axles say Timberjack on them, a deciding factor is wether you see pins for planet gears in hub, and 8 lug on 208 axles.

There are parts machines in Colebrook NH at Nash equipment, and the parts guy knows his stuff. They want real money for there parts but they have them.

J-k equipment is in Maine selling parts, but honestly not as easy to deal with and not as knowledgable as Nash, but closer to you.

I have a 230 that has the same axles as a 240 depending on the year.

67225C

He tried nash. No luck. No one in new England and Canada had anything. It's bizarre. He ended up getting a different machine. Thanks for the info folks.