• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tier 3 ACERT C15 going in my 623 Super E

DPete

Here in Central Ca. there is a big push to eliminate unregulated engines. There is a incentive program where the air district pays in my case about 93% of a re-power. They are putting everything from a G on my machine from the trans foreward, everything brand new, engine, coolers ,accesories radiator ,hood ,engine enclosures, exhaust. It should be done early next week, will post some pics when it comes back. The dealer is doing a very professional job. Can't believe we are spending that kind of $$ on a 93' 623. DP

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Wow I didn't know the air district was paying for anything a lot of companies have been sold or cut there work force way back because of this. We are getting repowers on a lot of our older stuff.:(

DPete

623 E to G PICS

Here are some pics of the nose etc. Will put it to work Monday. DP

Attachments

• 623ok forum3.jpg
    623ok forum3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 692
  • 623 ok forum2.jpg
    623 ok forum2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 687
  • 623 ok forum.jpg
    623 ok forum.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 680

DPete

Couple more

Attachments

• 623 engine ok forum.jpg
    623 engine ok forum.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 681
  • 623 nose ok forum.jpg
    623 nose ok forum.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 676

JDOFMEMI

DPete

All you need now is a set of decals from a "G" series. Then you can get a higher rate for it too!!:D

Seriously though, it looks like a first rate job!

Wulf

... the air district pays in my case about 93% of a re-power

Wow... seems quite the opportunity! :thumbsup What kind of hours did you have on the old engine and would it be too bold to ask how much your 7% totals up to.

Anyone know where can I read about this program?

DPete

Wow... seems quite the opportunity! :thumbsup What kind of hours did you have on the old engine and would it be too bold to ask how much your 7% totals up to.

Anyone know where can I read about this program?
Old engine approaching 15000 hours still doing good but on borrowed time. The total job was $123,900.00 I pay $10,000.00 the air board pays the rest. To good a deal to turn down. The hitch is I'm supposed to put 8-900 hours a year for 5 years. It has been running right at 1000 but who knows in the dirt business things can get slow.There is a possible penalty if it runs under hours.Still could'nt pass it up.The program is state funded, they are very serious here about getting rid of the unregulated engines. To bad I have 2 D8K's , nothing available for those D342's in a repower. DP

Last edited:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
They are gonna convert all our 627B's into G's.....as in, Gee, what a worn out piece of junk!
Seriously, I was told the government gives you some of the money back for the clean air repowers in CA. I was watching a fleet of 657B's at work out there last year, the foreman told me it cost something like $60 grand each to repower, but they got 20 or 30 grand back. He also told me they were supposed to have it done by June of this year, or start paying fines.

I'll bet you'll like your "new" ride, the G's are nice. Are they converting the hydraulics to the single lever for you too? That low effort lever is sweet...
alan627b

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I guess they are paying for all, but $4K for the repowers on our Terex's.:eek: I don't know why by our mechanic said we are still paying like $60K for anything Cat.:pointhead :beatsme

DPete

It's a good deal on this machine but the full picture is that the rest of my equipment is going to be rendered usless in Ca. Just about to get it paid for too! All the regs will put alot of little guys out possibly me also. The state helped repower the 623 that's true but nothing can be done on the D8K's. Can't seem to scrape up 8-$900,000 K to replace them. :mad: DP

PSDF350

California has got to be one of the dumbest ass backwards states in the union. Why on gods green earth wouldn't the old equipment just be grandfarthered in. I meen honestly this most effectively puts many a small operation right out of business.

Which I guess for the enterprising with deep pockets could buy alot of used equipment cheap there and sell elsewhere that isn't insane. Or have retrofitted and grow.

90plow

What a joke. Right across the ocean the chinese and many other of those countries are unregulated dumping pollution and smog and were worried about a couple thousand pieces of equipment in one state ha. what a joke.
-Eric

biggixxerjim

What a joke. Right across the ocean the chinese and many other of those countries are unregulated dumping pollution and smog and were worried about a couple thousand pieces of equipment in one state ha. what a joke.
-Eric

I agree...... banning 2 stroke engines is an absolute slap in the face of the publics rights. Maybe if they could control some of the major refinery's in the Mid West, not so much of a strain would have to be put on us regular joes.

But those big refinery's can afford big Attourneys with big bills, unlike the rest of us.....

20dub

I agree...... banning 2 stroke engines is an absolute slap in the face of the publics rights. Maybe if they could control some of the major refinery's in the Mid West, not so much of a strain would have to be put on us regular joes.

But those big refinery's can afford big Attourneys with big bills, unlike the rest of us.....

all about politics....:pointhead

and i'am never giving up my 2 stroke dirtbikes...:drinkup

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
It's a good deal on this machine but the full picture is that the rest of my equipment is going to be rendered usless in Ca. Just about to get it paid for too! All the regs will put alot of little guys out possibly me also. The state helped repower the 623 that's true but nothing can be done on the D8K's. Can't seem to scrape up 8-$900,000 K to replace them. :mad: DP

Its just a big game of Bait-n-Switch. They give you something to focus on while they go behind ya to take something away. Whatever makes them sleep better at night is all they're worried about.