• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thunderbird Yarders, Loaders, and Etc from the Murray's in Eugene Oregon

JRL1204

Need help with Madill Yarder

We have a used Madill 009 or 046 and not sure if we have all the parts. We need help setting this up for digging gravel in a gravel pit. Is anyone out there who knows how to set this up or lead us in the right direction??

johnson

According to my notes and looking at the pic, 5088 might have a Berger undercarriage.

That is 5080 it was bought new by Zwight Logging of Yakima Wa in June of 1987.
It was mounted on a Berger rubber tire carrier,before the 255 they had a M-5 Berger swing-yarder on that carrier.

Last edited:

Roadswitcher

That is 5080 it was bought new by Zwight Logging of Yakima Wa in June of 1987.
It was mounted on a Berger rubber tire carrier,before the 255 they had a M-5 Berger swing-yarder on that carrier.

My old T/Bird workshop records concur with your 5080 details. However, they also specify that 5087 and 5088, both sold new to L C Logging, had Mark 5 Berger undercarriages. I'm just wondering if I've got a typo or if they indeed did use the Mark 5's initially and were later replaced for T/Bird undercarriages.

Username

In response to TorkelH:

If I call it a three drum unit in the ad, everybody keeps asking where I'm hiding the extra drum...

Last edited:

johnson

My old T/Bird workshop records concur with your 5080 details. However, they also specify that 5087 and 5088, both sold new to L C Logging, had Mark 5 Berger undercarriages. I'm just wondering if I've got a typo or if they indeed did use the Mark 5's initially and were later replaced for T/Bird undercarriages.

My build records also say that 5087 and 5088,were both sold new to L C Logging but have no information on the carriers and are missing some locations.Except for 5080 (Later transfered to Caterpillar tracs) I know of one other 255 on rubber tires but i dont know the S/N and that one was on a Beall SP Carrier.If 5088 and 5087 were on rubber they couldn't have bean on Berger rubber tire carriers,there were only 4 or 5 Mark 5 Bergers built and only 2 of them were on rubber tires the Zwight machin was scraped except for the carrier wich was used for the 255 and the other rubbermounted Mark 5 is still around.So if they were on rubber tires they were on a dferent brand of carrier.