• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

thumb

jook24

I put a thumb on my 315L excavator used suregrip controls i had the extra bank on the machine it works fine but when it sits for a little while and i go to use the thumb when i go to pull it up it drops a bit first then goes up not sure if my lines are hooked up right on the pilot valve

Karlukalaska

Occupation
operator/mechanic
was wondering when you installed the thumb did you have to get new pins? or can you use oem

lantraxco

If you leave the thumb up, it's not uncommon for them to drift, they'll creat a vacuum on the back side of the piston, suck air around the rod seals and then when you try to raise it back up the spool shifts and opens the piston side to tank, the weight causes it to fall until the air compresses enough to lift the thumb.

big ben

was wondering when you installed the thumb did you have to get new pins? or can you use oem

Usually if it's a new thumb it comes with 3 pins. The main pin that goes through the end of the stick (as it now needs to be longer) and the 2 thumb cylinder pins. If it's used all bets are off and you need to see what the seller is including

Karlukalaska

Occupation
operator/mechanic
i thought so was just making sure any ideas where I can get a set of oem pins i just tore my thumb off to get ready to adapt to a mb90 crusher on my ex200lc3 thanks for such a quick responce

Shimmy1

I bought a bunch of pins from Axis Parts this spring for my 210. Should be same pins for you. 80mm diameter, 510 mm long. I have a pin grabber so the quality was really a non-issue. Paid $160 each delivered to my front door.