• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Throw Back Truck Setup

631G

Occupation
Civil Superintendent
Just an idea but what would you all think if you saw an old school setup of a bottom dump and tractor running site work jobs like what I’ve seen in old videos from when they built the St Lawrence Seaway and the Garrison dam in ND? Kiewit has 9 Atlas dump trailers up for sale for under $12k and in my mind or imagination I could easily see these hooked to a Bell B60E making laps. These may be a little larger than what’s probably right for that truck specifically but if there were smaller ones like in the old videos then maybe there’s a market for a higher tonnage machine that’s still easily portable from site to site that could be better matched to a larger excavator like a Cat 390.

Maybe I’m dreaming here….

Attachments

• IMG_1777.png
    IMG_1777.png
    3 MB · Views: 22