• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

throttle trouble on 490e jd

marcmustang1

:beatsmeI,M HAVING TROUBLES WITH THE ELECTRIC THROTTLE ON MY 490E . IT WON'T REV UP WHEN YOU CHANGE ENGINE SPEEDS. IF YOU GO BACK TO THE ACTUATOR AND PUSH ON IT IT WILL REV UP. I REMOVED THE ACTUATOR AND IT MOVES FREELY,THE CABLE MOVES SO SO.ARE THESE MACHINES KNOWN FOR CABLES? OR MAYBE THERE IS ANOTHER THING TO LOOK AT. ANY SUGESTIONS WOULD HELP. THANKS.

bordercollie

Occupation
Dealer service tech with 20 yrs experience,
could be the electric motor that is hooked to the throttle cable, also known as the governor motor. could be the throttle dial and worst case would be the controller(computer) Check your fuses, if memory serves me correct, there is a fuse for the throttle control motor

RKO

throttle

:beatsmeI,M HAVING TROUBLES WITH THE ELECTRIC THROTTLE ON MY 490E . IT WON'T REV UP WHEN YOU CHANGE ENGINE SPEEDS. IF YOU GO BACK TO THE ACTUATOR AND PUSH ON IT IT WILL REV UP. I REMOVED THE ACTUATOR AND IT MOVES FREELY,THE CABLE MOVES SO SO.ARE THESE MACHINES KNOWN FOR CABLES? OR MAYBE THERE IS ANOTHER THING TO LOOK AT. ANY SUGESTIONS WOULD HELP. THANKS.

Is the speed motor working when you change the engine speed?

See if there is voltage to the motor when you try to change engine speed.

There is a fuse/rely for engine speed see if it is OK

Does the speed switch have voltage to it? if so does it have voltage coming out.

There is a sensor on the speed motor assm. that goes bad?

Also there is a plunger/spring assm. that some times comes apart.

The computer could be bad. Not to likely as I have only seen one bad on a JD machine.

There is a pump sensor that tells the pump what angle the swash plates should be. it also tells the computer what engine speed should be for what angle the swash plates are at.

There is a lot of things that could be wrong but try these things.

dayexco

on our 690E, we had a problem with the sensor that reads off the flywheel. took it out, took some electrical contact cleaner and hosed it off....was covered with an oil film and dirt film....put back in, good as new.

KMS

Thottle problem on linkbelt 2650

Having throttle problem on the old girl , put new thottle motor on it and thottle dial and shut off button also this is a real bitch climbing up and down throttling the motor manualy Thanks for the help KMS

KMS

which motor

on our 690E, we had a problem with the sensor that reads off the flywheel. took it out, took some electrical contact cleaner and hosed it off....was covered with an oil film and dirt film....put back in, good as new.

what motor on that deere , I have the throttle problem on and isuzu motor linkbelt , wondering if my motor have's that sensor

ncbschzzt

Occupation
john deere/hitachi field tech
Throttle problems can be any one of numerous problems. First I would verify that the controller fuses are good. You can also remove the panels behind the seat and check the lights on the PVC and EC. If there are no lights then there is no power. Also there is a EC sensor on the EC motor housing, I will post all the procedures you need to follow later. You can check fault codes via blinking lights at the controllers, however this is usually a nightmare. Anyway I will post some diagnostic procedures and you can move on, usually a simple fix. I will tell you though it is usually a fuse, wiring problem or EC sensor issue. Stepper motors and the EC don't fail very often, but it does happen.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
what motor on that deere , I have the throttle problem on and isuzu motor linkbelt , wondering if my motor have's that sensor

Linkbelt uses a very similar controller setup as Hitachi/Deere. You need to check fuses and wiring first.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
Okay first try and recalibrate the EC: Turn key On (engine off), press the mac power P switch, wait 4-5 seconds, then turn key off. Start engine and test throttle.

KMS

mac power switch

Okay first try and recalibrate the EC: Turn key On (engine off), press the mac power P switch, wait 4-5 seconds, then turn key off. Start engine and test throttle.

Does Linkbelt have that switch And where would it be located