• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Only belts I ever got into were on the quarry conveyors for rock or the concrete plant, all sucked, multi man jobs and paid terrible. Bad for butt whipping days.
The concrete companies around here have conveyor trucks, always hitting them with a acid wash back after a run, almost as bad as chipping concrete from those mechanics.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Appears to be a knee action torsion axle, bolt is still holding PARTIALLY the Right Mount, likely as I have seen the welded to frame axle bolts sheared or have been broken awhile on Left side, failure of one on Right and it popped out, there would have been PLENTY of cascading warning this was FUBAR, FOR AWHILE.

Vetech63

Broken bolts on the left side of the rear axle, front bolt on the right side. It happened about 2 miles from the shop............they just continued to tow it like you see. I guess they didn't want to wait on me, so they fixed it themselves while I was gone. At least I didn't have to screw with it LOL

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Ugh! Flashbacks from working at the dealer. “Hey, how much longer you got on that machine?”
” uh, all day today and some more in the morning. Why?”
” Well the lowbed is on its way. It looked like you were close so I called them. Better hurry “

and then it becomes all hands on deck to get this thing out the door. Then in 2 days it comes back or a field truck had to go correct something that got missed. And then we all played the blame game. Good times.

Vetech63

And then we all played the blame game.
I love the blame game. "You said you would have that done this week."
"Yeah, well my parts didn't show up on time. Go talk to the parts guy."
"Well, the freight ran late. Go talk to the freight guy."
"Um...the factory didn't get it ready to ship on time. Go talk to them."
"Your parts department didn't get the order in on time. Go back and talk to them."
"The tech didn't get the order to me in time.......go talk to him."
"Oh Lord..........F%^& It."

I don't miss the dealers one bit.