• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Things you really use, but never thought you would till you had them.

Queenslander

Crane op, your A frame reminded me of this gantry we built years ago.
Perfect tool for this job...sliding the mouldboard three parts out so we could remove the side shift cylinder for resealing.
0F962E17-E997-40E3-8DE0-05AF5590F2C2.jpeg

Tugger2

A 500lb chain comalong is one of my handy tools. I picked it up from my rigging supplier one day as kind of a gadget thing. Turns out its super handy for all kinds of things like hooking up pendents on the conventional instead of two big guys trying to hold them and line up the pin. Lifting heavy finger pinchers of all sorts. It lives in my truck toolbox with some tiny grab chains

Natman

Yeah, same here, and they are so tiny (but mighty) they will fit in the palm of your hand!

Here's another handy "tool," https://titanstraps.com/, they work great in cold weather, the material they are made of stays pretty much the same in cold temps, AND, you can easily use them with gloves. Or in the dark. I was camped out a couple weeks ago at 8,000', and it was 19 degrees in the morning, so I can attest to that claim. You can also daisy chain them together to get any length. They have quickly replaced my misc. bungees and velcro tie downs, they are not cheap but are worth it.