• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thieves!

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Bill call the state police they are the bosses of the constable. We had the same problem here the constable and deputies and sheriff all didnt want to do anything about a group of theives that they were buddies with. Took care of the problems. The kid that was stealing here was kin to the duputy that was on the case.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
2stickbill, You really should file ( in paperwork) a complaint with the Constable. That Deputy had no business letting the thief go. A misdemeanor is one thing but felony theft is a real serious offense. Besides , if he had the thief caught where in the world are your parts that were stolen ? I smell a rat all the way to Illinois . Maybe two rats.
Well his boss the Constable knows all about it.I am like you Smells big time.Even when I told him the cost of parts Like they don't want to work to hard.Maybe if they knew this guys sister and her family are in his PCT.and have some money might change their attitude.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Bill call the state police they are the bosses of the constable. We had the same problem here the constable and deputies and sheriff all didn't want to do anything about a group of thieves that they were buddies with. Took care of the problems. The kid that was stealing here was kin to the deputy that was on the case.
Well the Constables here are supposed to serve warrants but most run radar traps.More money in that.Sheriff told me he has trouble with them.Texas votes the Constable in so I think the County Judge is his boss not the Sheriff or the DPS.

mitch504

In SC, the state constables are volunteers who assist law enforcement, and can deal w/ crimes they witness.

The State Police answer to the Governor.

The County Sherriff is an elected official, who answers only to the people. A sitting Sheriff can only be arrested by the Coroner of that county, who is also an elected law enforcement official. In a case of malfeasance, a Sheffiff can be removed by the Governor AND the state Senate, together.

I just find the different ways things work in other states fascinating.

Randy88

The tougher you make it to steal the harder they will attempt taking what they want, or do more damage somewhere else because they didn't get what they wanted, unless your dealing with incredibly stupid thieves. As for arming with alarms and camera's and whatever else, odds are if they are somewhat intelligent they'll outwit you anyhow. If you build a better mouse trap you'll end up with smarter mice, it might take a while but odds are, since they have nothing else worthwhile to do they'll figure out how to beat you in the end, also chances are your being watched anyhow so the day you don't take the battery home is the night they'll take the battery. As for fuel, maybe don't fill it up every morning or evening so its low at the end of the day, 10 or 20 gallons might not be worth their time, someone else leaves the tank full every night, I always fuel in the morning and most know it, since I've done it that way I haven't lost any fuel, before I lost fuel all the time, as for condensation, at 3-4 bucks a gallon I can drain some water or change filters more often and be paid very well to do it from a few lost or not lost tanks of fuel.

I guess its just how you look at things, I try not to leave anything worth while for an easy steal, like fuel or new batteries, I put the new ones in my trucks and things that go home at night I've also switched most of my machines over the run off the same battery size and type, thread top semi batteries, also makes to the average moron pretty worthless to steal, since he can't easily pawn or sell them to any idiot on the street, like either side or top post terminal batteries. It makes his potential buyers pretty limited.

JD955SC

In SC, the state constables are volunteers who assist law enforcement, and can deal w/ crimes they witness.

Some of us state park rangers are commissioned as constables, too. (I'm scheduled for this in a couple of years)

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Sweet justice. Guys who hit me on a demo job for a pile of copper just got nailed yesterday. Their probation was rovoked, warrant for grand theft issued. Now off to jail for Christmas.

What a wonderful "Grinch" I am for being able to identify part of the stollen booty. Now if we can just find the rest of it.

Randy88

Why would you be the grinch, sounds like to me they had it coming, now where was the probation officer during all this, apparently not doing his job, maybe someone should point that detail out. As for it being christmas, maybe they should have thought about that before stealing the stuff and everyone else's as well, I'm sure your not the only one missing stuff.

Well anyhow enjoy your christmas, sounds like you've got more the celebrate about, that and for now those thieves are locked up and not stealing any of your stuff for the time being anyhow.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
You got to understand the Madison, Wi mentality Randy. Radical left wing liberal all the way. I am thrilled to death about the whole thing. That "grinch" idea is a one in 10 response.

Never thought about pinning it on the probation officer and his doing his job. Would love to talk to him too. All I know is when the hearing to send them back up the river takes place I will be in the front row. I don't expect it to go to trial because everybody will be singin like a bird to try and protect their own worthless ass.

Randy88

Somewhere along the line someone wasn't doing something right or these parolee's would be watched closer, or those with a hsitory of this would be monitored better, maybe bring that up in court or have your attorney mention it somewhere along the line, to talk to him personally won't do any good he'll try to forget or downplay the conversation to cover up his mess and mistakes to allow it to go on under his watch and have the courts system affected because of his neglect and not monitoring the situation better.

As for getting a front row seat, maybe eat it up from more towards the back, chances are you'll be watched and some might retailate against you for sending a pal upsteam, just something to keep in mind, I've known a few in your same situation where the retaliation was worse than the original crime and then nobody to find responsible for it since those that would have done it are behind bars, but their friends and relatives are not but will all have alibies to cover each other. Just a thought, it might not be that way but sometimes it is, as for in private, buy plenty of beer and tie one on for days now thats its colder out and things are slowing down anywhere but in the shop.

As for the madison area my son's finishing up college there for diesel mechanics and yea I'm somewhat aware of the erea and peoples thinking. You did a good job of wording it politically correct though, I am impressed with that abiliity, I don't have that ability at all, I tend to blurt it out like I see it, which usually gets me in trouble with most. Anyhow after the whole ordeal, tie on a good one and enjoy what small victories you can with the legal system and its many loopholes.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
It would not make any difference if I sit in the front or the back row. They know who I am and I know who they are. THey were given an opportunity to return the copper, even offered a reward, but they chose the other road. More than likely there will not be a trial as somebody will no doubt squeal to dry and get a better deal. On top of that I would more than likely be the only one interested in attending the sentencing too. Nobody else will care about these piles of ****. I have already been watching my "six" ever since this thing started and will continue to keep my "trusty friend" handy at all times.

I will for sure be asking lots of questions to and about the worthless probation agent too.

I have progressed beyond the "tie on a good one stage," but will celebrate for sure with a thick prime New York Strip Steak and follow it up with some fine brandy in a snifter.

Axle

Occupation
electronics tech
Just to play devils advocate for a minute; What could you exactly pin on the P.O? He is not there to babysit them 24/7.
How many dirtbags does he have to keep track of? What are the states requirements/condition of the dirtbags parole that ripped you off--did the P.O. do those? What resources are available to him to keep tabs on who gets questioned/arrested by the police-automatic notification when the dirtbags names are run through the system? Paper only? Police need to make the effort to report it?

I once suggested to a cop if they find somebody breaking into a vehicle they use their sidearm and take care of the problem since it was too late for me, the look I got, I tell ya, I was wondering if I was going to be arrested for even suggesting it.

Alex.

nickbowers

i volunteer at the local cfa(firefighting) station, we were out on a job at 4:30am to come back and find our cars had been ransacked, luckily i had nothing in mine and it was unlocked. But the locked cars had the window smashed, a few people lost new phones ect.
Pretty low considering its all volunteer

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Say what you want and stick up for P.O. all you want Axle. I intend to have words with him, his boss and boss of his boss. Around here these burocrats always say the same. "We are over worked and understaffed." Some how I can't believe that these clowns were being watched very close. As I recall they are not allowed to have contact with other fellons who are on the loose like these worthless bastards.

Axle

Occupation
electronics tech
Some how I can't believe that these clowns were being watched very close.

They are not. Thats why I ask what are the conditions of parole? Just walk to the PO office and check in every week? If thats all the judge ordered, you can't very well blame the PO for what the dirtbag has done. Give the judge an earful about beurocratic b.s. and a backwards legal system that gives criminals more rights by default than the law abiding citizen.

Alex.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Dad had the HD16 he was operating messed with.They tried to steal the batterys.He let it be known that one of these nights him and his 12 gauge with oo would be watching.Funny thing Dozer was never touched again.

Dualie

well over the weekend they cut my fence in the one zone that wasn't on camera got 6 different battery's, two radiators and about a thousand bucks worth of press brake dies. I wouldn't care about the battery's as much if they scumbags didnt cut the cables. I know who the thief was and i would like to put his azz in a hole out in the back forty but i cant PROVE it was him. They cut the locks off of two of the locked battery boxes too.

got about 4 grand in tools and a 300 amp portable welder from the shop next to mine with a retired owner.