• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

thepumpguysc knows his stuff!

oilslick

I am impressed, my dad has been fighting his old bobcat 2400 articulated loader for at least a month. It had the inj pump rebuilt years ago, twice!. It recently died abruptly in my yard. He put a new lift pump on after finding screen plugged. New fuel filter,etc. I call Mike on my dads behalf and after a short talk he tells me o ring in filter housing, damn guess what ,bullseye! Replaced the seals and its alive again.
I hope everyone appreciates his knowledge on this forum ,me and dad sure do!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
SH*T.!!!
"I KNEW" I was gonna screw myself outta 400.00!!!! just as soon as I hung up the phone.. LOL..
I looked at my ol lady & said, "I just screwed myself outta 400.00.. "WHY" do I do that"??
She said, "That's just the way you are".. I don't know if she meant STUPID or HELPFUL..??
I've been doing this stuff for OVER 30 years & was at the top of my field when I decided to leave..
The pump manufacturers were calling ME..
I'm glad THAT was the problem.. like I said on the phone.. IF I had a dollar for every service call I made for that exact same thing.. {I'd have a lot of dollars}
Tell your dad, "your welcome".. Happy tractoring..

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Pumpguy, can you claim that as a loss when you file income taxes this year? You can bet some big businesses would figure out a way to do that!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
OILSLICK>> THANK YOU for the card..
That's one of the nicest cards I've ever seen.. {pop-up "thank you"}
It feels nice to be appreciated!!!! Thank "YOU"...

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
OILSLICK>> THANK YOU for the card..
That's one of the nicest cards I've ever seen.. {pop-up "thank you"}
It feels nice to be appreciated!!!! Thank "YOU"...
Oh my! are we going to have to add a rainbow colored Unicorn emoji to the list what with all this warm fuzzy stuff?:p

Maybe if we did we could send some to "He who must not be mentioned"

motoOzarks

Occupation
self employed
that remains to be determined.
I have a case / david brown tractor that is my spare tractor. I used it to cover for my go to tractor while it was at the JD dealer for 6 weeks.
the case developed severe blow by and I dismantled it to see what it needed which is a complete rebuild. quite pricey and involved.
as part of it I took my injectors in to be pop tested and needed two new ones which I purchased from them. I asked if they had a bench test to check out my pump while I was doing all this work.
I called in a week or so to see what they had found out and it took several more calls before he would take my call. when he did he was put out to have to talk with me on the phone and informed me he was in the business to rebuild pumps.
I explained that I didn't want to put a faulty pump on this motor that would cause a problem did it check out within proper parameters.
He said "it will run a tractor" and that he had changed the oil in it.
I set the pump on my back porch for a few weeks and noticed it weeped oil out of it. dark nasty oil. not changed oil. I know the difference.
I don't care whether he changed the oil in it, it only holds a little.
My problem is he lied to me when he said he did and I wasn't satisfied he did a dang thing.
when I went back to his shop to question it his helpers were looking at the back of their hands and staring off into space and I could tell their hands were tied.
I now have it at an old timers shop who said it did need some attention but it will be a couple weeks until he can get to it.

Attachments

• 20160221_162716.jpg
    20160221_162716.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 27

rickw

Pumpguy helped me thru a Roosa Master pump on a old Case 188 I thought was bad. It ended up being the fuel shutoff linkage inside was sticking. told me how to remove cover and clean w/ seafoam and work linkage to loosen it up. Worked perfect after that. I found that after pushing fuel shut off in, if i pull throttle wide open then back to idle BEFORE starting the engine. this would also help linkage open do to the way the springs are inside. I PM'd Pumpguy to get a address or Paypal so I could send a consult fee and he refused! Thanks again years later Pump guy;)!