• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The Unstoppable L10

mitch504

Not really asking for help in this thread, but this was weird and I am wondering if any of you ever saw it before. 1987 IH 2375 with an LTA10 Cummins, (PT pump), I turned the key off and it didn't stop. I had run into this before and it was an always an electrical issue, most notably when I bought a truck with a bunch of lights added on. I think it was this same truck, I drove it about a year before I shut off with the lights switched on. The engine wouldn't stop until I turned the lights off, but I soon found and cut the jumper wire they had run so the decorations would come on with the key. (oops, hijacked my own thread:rolleyes: )

Anyway, truck running normally, I cut it off for about an hour in customer's parking lot, started it back up, drove an hour, and it wouldn't shut off. I checked all the electrical sources I could think of, finally, (it was 6 pm on Friday and I was ready to go home), I cut the wire at the injector pump.

You guessed it, no change! The bypass screw on the fuel solenoid was screwed in! Now, how the heck!? :eek: