• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The new JD 410k TC who has one or any K series JD

JDfan500C

So my question is how are you liking the machine and price I would end up paying for one. I'm thinking of getting one for 2015 season. I'm would use it for landscaping and small to medium excavation. Right now I have a JD 500c thats still holding up, I'm just looking to upgrade. Any info would be great thanks.

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
i can you about the j series i have a 310sj only has about 1500hrs on it right now but way better then the g series i had more power controls are allot smoother pretty well balanced. as far as digging my machine spends most of time digging through rocky soil and lime stone here in Florida no complaints

JDfan500C

Thanks for sharing. Have you had any problems with it or has it been problem free the whole time? Also is the K backhoes to new so not to many people have them yet, didn't they come out in 2012?

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
only problem i had was a problem with one stabilizer drifting very slowly while i was working, had it fixed under warranty a couple weeks ago and i had to replace the monitor because some one got mad i guess because they didnt know any of the start up codes and smashed it all up trying to either steal or joyride the machine. i have only had it since November i bought it used but so far i am very pleased with it. put a bunch of hours for the little bit of time ive owned it. although down here in Miami there seems to be allot of the j machines working i haven't seen to many k only a few

mudober

Occupation
heavy equiptment operator
Jdfan, I put around 3800hrs on a 310J replaced two hoses and had some fuel problems.the fuel problem had to do with a sensor sending the wrong voltage momentary. I really liked this backhoe. I also have looked at the k series I would love to have a410K TC Good luck to you

JDfan500C

Thank you guy's for your input and helping me out. Dose anyone know what a 410k tc would go for new? I have seen one listed for 100,000 and than I looked at some used ones on machinerytrader.com for 140,000 but those are just the normal 410k not a TC. Also dose anyone think a 410k might be to big or the right size for landscaping and excavation? I know its an odd question but I will use it to move 20ft trees and good size rocks time to time.

Pecord Exc

I got a quote last year from Jesco in Beacon at just under 90,000 for a loaded 310SK, honestly I don't see why you would need a 410, the 310SK has the same power. Are you down county or closer to putnam?

mudober

Occupation
heavy equiptment operator
Jdfan, I thought about that too after posting before. The 410 is a heavier and larger than the 310, so if you are in existing homeowners yard I would look at 310J or K. From expieriance I can tell you that a straight J versus a SJ will have a much better loader operational control due to the smaller front tire the center of gravity is much lower and you don't get the rock in and roll in around as much as the higher up SJ. I would also suggest the firestone tires over the good years. These are preferences from what I have expierianced on the job with these machines configured both ways. I have had the Michelin Xmcl on back too, but they are a premium tire very expensive.

JDfan500C

Thank you guys for the impute. pecord exc I'm closer to putnam. I want to get a hammer attachment and forks. I don't care for a 4 in 1 bucket but i do want the biggest front bucket it can come with. I like the quick attach coupler for the front and thumb option for the back thats why I'm thinking for the TC machines and just upgrading from my 500c, the one thing i like is that the from bucket is 1-1/4 yard but otherwise is just really good for digging no hammer or thumb and we do have forks but they are just slip on ones that a friend made. How do you guys like running attachments if you do on your machines?