• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The most frequently used forklifts model or configurations are ?

lonkinggroup

I have saw a lot of forklifts, diesel ones, electric ones and LPG ones. In the sea of forklifts, how do you decide which one is the perfect one for you ?
Are there some configurations that are mostly welcomed in the market ? Or the mainstream configurations?

icestationzebra

I have saw a lot of forklifts, diesel ones, electric ones and LPG ones. In the sea of forklifts, how do you decide which one is the perfect one for you ?
Are there some configurations that are mostly welcomed in the market ? Or the mainstream configurations?

From what I know...
NA -
most common is cushion tire
fuel: LPG, electric, diesel, gas
EU -
most common is pneumatic tire
fuel: diesel, electric, LPG, gas
NA/EU capacity: the most common size is 2-3.5t

There is a significant amount of customization though. It is economically advantageous to customize for top 1/3 to 1/2 customers.

ISZ

Dualie

best units for me are LPG, 6Klb+ pneumatic tire, 3 stage mast, 6'-7- forks with positioners and side shift.

My second most useful unit is a 15K riggers type lift with tall counterweights solid tires 3 stage short mast 6' forks three stage low mast with side shift and fork positioning.

third is a 40K Taylor monster with 2 stage mast, pneumatic tires, diesel, also with full fork positioning. and 8' forks

lonkinggroup

According to the product manager of our company, the most popular forklifts are the 2.5-3.5 tons diesel forklifts, and tyres are pneumatic ones.

sparker10

Really it depends on the forklifts usage and where you are going to use it. For example I personally prefer to use electric ones indoors and only use diesel ones outside. I feel electric ones have more control and are easier to navigate - again another advantage to using it indoors where precision movement is essential.