• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

THe Coolest Forklift TrucK..photos and video

robin yates uk

a very interesting and highly unusual piece of kit.Looking at the tow bar this must have been used to take the forklift from A to B, as there is no steering wheel for steering going forward.

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Trying tto figure out what to do when I grow up
Hey Robin, thanks for the comment. Agreed, that's a very unusual. but well done alteration...someones pet project

Dualie

they were popular with farmers and carnivals. I have seen enough of them to think they were not completely custom but either built by a company somewhere or a kit you could purchase to convert your own.

I know where theres a couple sitting in the central valley in farmers fields that still see occasional use.

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Hey Dualie...thanks for that info...I've never seen another like it...so I guessed at it being a "one off" mechanic's project

DerelictTexture

Occupation
I found another "truck/forklift" on a recent trip to the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Meet "Frankie, the Forklift"

DSCN0805.JPGDSCN0806.JPGDSCN0807.JPGDSCN0808.JPGDSCN0811.JPG

Choker man

I seem to recall that Willock trailer built a forklift that was similar to Frankie. I believe it was built on the International truck frame, talk about weird to drive with the steering axle at the back.

DerelictTexture

Occupation
You know...the more I think about it..I should sell the idea for "Frankie the Forklift" to the Thomas the Tank Engine people for their TV show.

I'm sure that the profits would keep me in beer and potato chips for a while.

I think the main reason that I wouldn't... is the fear of sudden fame and fortune....and going through the "fat Elvis period" and dying on the toilet, while eating a cheese and bacon burger.