• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The biggest little machine

WhyWhyZed

at the homesteaders museum grounds in Fargo, ND they have an old Melroe Skid Steer that is huge. It has twin international diesel engines and a D9 blade. It was apparently used for strip mining coal.

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
at the homesteaders museum grounds in Fargo, ND they have an old Melroe Skid Steer that is huge. It has twin international diesel engines and a D9 blade. It was apparently used for strip mining coal.

I would really like to know more about this machine!:eek:

special tool

I would really like to know more about this machine!:eek:

Hey Sparffo - in your videos, you have a push bar and a tile stripper on the 463.
Are you able to rent such attachments for the little machine there, or did you buy these and make the bar?

Shameless

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Industry
Squizzy - A few years back BT Equipment were able to buy a bunch of tires for an F-18 fighter jet and they installed them on the 2109. They call it the 'Jumbo Package'. In the States @ the World of Concrete Show in 2007, Mustang showed the 2109 with massive tires and a big bucket with a young lady from the Las Vegas Entertainment Agency taking pictures and the tires we 52" tall. You could just fit a piece of paper between the tires. If any of you guys from Australia visit a Field Days find Rod Hale with BT and ask him where he got those tires.

Shameless

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Industry
Funny - the picture that Positrack posed on page three is of the Mustang 2109 @ the World of Concrete Show in Vegas from 2007 that I mentioned above.

Shameless

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Industry
2109 Stang - looks like you got them there. The Mustang pic was actually taken by a friend of mine at a Farm show in Pennsylvania back in 2004. The attachment on the front is a fixed mounted post driver. The customer had the tires special made so that he could get clearance over the rocky terrain. That unit is a joystick control and was clocked @ 22mph in high speed. The main thing to remember was not to click the button to drop back to low speed or it would nose over and give you a good jolt.

The Gehl 7810 is the 150-year unit chromed out.

Those units definitely get a lot of looks at shows!

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Rummer has it that Bobcat is coming out with a 400series in the M class later this year. wheeled unit will weigh in around 10,000 with a working range of 4,000 tipping @ 8,000. The track model will release early next summer. I suspect the wheel unit will share a few of the parts with my 975 machines.
Sure will be nice to have a new bobcat on steroids again.

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
for 2109Stang

Jeepers! How much clearance is between the front and rear tires?

Attachments

• mustang_pic_4x.jpg
    mustang_pic_4x.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 876

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
for 2109Stang

Jeepers! How much clearance is between the front and rear tires?

looks like Ag Progress Days in State College PA...that takes place in the township I used to work for when I plowed snow...memories....

Stick Pro

Can't wait for bobcat to come out with that machine. Our 963 is just about ready for retirement, I have ran the mustang I was not real impressed with it. Pluss our mustang dealership closed there doors not to long ago, getting parts would be hard.

2109 Stang

Can't wait for bobcat to come out with that machine. Our 963 is just about ready for retirement, I have ran the mustang I was not real impressed with it. Pluss our mustang dealership closed there doors not to long ago, getting parts would be hard.

Stick Pro: I understand the brand loyalty thing here ,but this Mustang is miles ahead in every aspect of the 963 ,and I'm sure it has out sold all the 9 series ever built by Bobcat ,I got to confess that I like the 963 but it doesn't compare to the 2109 in any category .:drinkup