• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The 233 H&L Teeth vs 230

77Ford

I just welded new adopters onto my backhoe bucket and now the flex pins are stupid hard to put in (no I dont have the pin tool). I was researching and came across the 233 style teeth with the wedge that does away with the flex pin and was wondering if anyone had experience with them? Do they stay on as well as the standard 230 flex pin?

Delmer

Never used the 233, but how are you trying to put the flex pins in? try holding them slightly squished with a vice grip and pound in. Or come up with a bar that rides across the top of the teeth and an arm to hold and push the pins, so you can hammer directly on the bar and instead of at an angle.

wattsbackhoe

Occupation
Business owner
233's stay on fine and wear better. The only thing you need to keep in mind is they are a slightly larger tooth. It does make it a little harder to pull through the ground.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
...Or come up with a bar that rides across the top of the teeth and an arm to hold and push the pins, so you can hammer directly on the bar and instead of at an angle.

Best tool I've found for knocking in side pin teeth, including the old Cat side pin, is the jaw from a pipe wrench. Remove the jaw from the pipe wrench, you now have a steel right angle tool that has teeth on it that contact the pin, lay the threads of the jaw across the tooth your driving the pin into and the adjacent tooth to keep things square and whack the end of the jaw to drive the pin. A 24" jaw will do small buckets, larger buckets with wider tooth spacing require a 36" or 48" pipe wrench jaw.

77Ford

Best tool I've found for knocking in side pin teeth, including the old Cat side pin, is the jaw from a pipe wrench. Remove the jaw from the pipe wrench, you now have a steel right angle tool that has teeth on it that contact the pin, lay the threads of the jaw across the tooth your driving the pin into and the adjacent tooth to keep things square and whack the end of the jaw to drive the pin. A 24" jaw will do small buckets, larger buckets with wider tooth spacing require a 36" or 48" pipe wrench jaw.

I like this idea, I'll give it a shot before I switch to the new 233's.

Thank you,