• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thanks for the help. 955L

toddcat955L

This is to all the fine Heavy Equipment Forum (GURUS) that helped me with my repairs with the CAT 955L. The tips and tricks you all gave me were very helpful. Without the H.E.F. I don't think I could have completed all repairs. Everything from advice with the transmission to step by step (how to) on the track adjusting mechanism, and many other repairs. Here is a pic of the completed old girl. Many Thanks. toddcat955L.955p.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice work and good looking loader!:thumbsup

I grew up around these cutting basements and backfilling for houses my Dad would frame. Eventually he became a builder and hired out guys with 955's. Brings back memories, glad you took the time and patience to get the old girl running again.:)

HATCHEQUIP

You done good she looks like she just rolled out of the factory... and sometimes when I am working on the newer ones I really wish they were still coming out of the factory:duh

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
Nice work toddcat955L! Your machine looks awesome! I'm sure you can greatly use this machine now for your jobs.

kb9tci

Looks Fantastic! I found HEF a huge help for me, too. What color did you paint it? Is it the "old yellow"? I am coming closer to having my 955L ready for a fresh coat and did jot know if it was supposed to be the old or new yellow.

toddcat955L

kb9tci: I went a PRO paint shop and they had the # for that year of my 955L, They mixed it for me and it was the old YELLOW. I paid more for the paint to get it PRO mixed buy it was worth it. It was very good paint and went thur the sprayer very easy. And YES you are going to have to have no less then 5 gals. And you will use every DROP! The old girl gets bigger the more you paint her, I thought I would never get done. Hard part was the grinding and PREP for the paint, what took lots of TIME. But it was worth it now the old girl lives in her own spot in heated building. And happy as if she had her RIGTH MIND.

kb9tci

Thanks! I am going to try and run mine through the paces this winter as weather allows and get it ready to look good this spring. I just got her "home" under roof before Thanksgiving. Now I need to haul in about 150 yards of fill to get a nice level bed for her to sleep in :D