• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TH255C starting issue

Angry Mike

Hey all,
Getting my butt kicked by this TH255C . SN JK204905. Ran just fine has 193hrs. All of the sudden it stopped dead in its tracks and no crank no start. Gets power to ACC. i troubleshot from battery to ECM connector and found when the ECM is disconnected then the unit will allow the starter to crank just fine. Any advice?

farmkid16_2002

Occupation
Diesel Tech, Welder Fabricator
I remember something similar on One I worked on. Duetcz motor unit? Thinking ecm failed and thinking it used a ground to the starter for control not a power wire as usual. I ran a jumper to battery neg and it would run but dash still threw code. Also had a few that the would not run due to failure of fuel pump and fuel sending gauge was all tied together to prevent damage during crank cycle so maybe make sure electric pump is working with key on.