• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Testa Wrecks 4- 100 foot Blast Furnaces in VA

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Testa Corp's southern division tackles tower #3 of 4 blast furnaces at a rail yard in Virginia. The 100 foot tall steel cylinder is packed with 5000 yards of fire brick and must be precut with oxy/propane torches.

Using a 200-ton Komatsu 1250PC mounted with Jewell High Reach with a 20 foot extension, a CAT 345C and an active crew of 4 taking down these towers is continuing at a steady clip.

Before the systematic demolition can start clean up of tower 2 must be completed.

Most demolition projects feature a dramatic tear down of key building elements, however once those are down it can take months to complete the project by just cleaning up the wreckage.

Featuring the talents of Mike on the 1250, Josh on the 345, Jeff as lead mechanic and ADT driver and Stan wielding the torch.

This was shot over 5 days using RealTime HD Video, Tilt Shilft DSLR Timelapse and MPEG Timelapse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4QWjo_rWi4

Turbo21835

Great work as usual. You have deffinately set the bar high for demo/construction promotional photography. Also, thank you for the great shots of the burner. I love watching a good torch man at work.

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Burner in Action

Great work as usual. You have deffinately set the bar high for demo/construction promotional photography. Also, thank you for the great shots of the burner. I love watching a good torch man at work.

Stan is one of a kind, as all burners are. He was very patient with me while I 'assisted' him for many hours in his work environment.

This video is a compilation of most of my timelapse footage on-site. I am still compiling videos of my realtime footage and stills.

Stay tuned for my Gridiron Artisan debut video with Stan the Burner at center stage.

JDOFMEMI

Nice work. I like the way you have colapsed the time. You can still see the detail, but it passes fast enough that you do not have dead airtime.

I like it

D5G

Watching Stan is amazing, Testa sure is a Class Act, thanks for the great videos as usual Steve!