• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex

log frog

I lookked for a Terex thread and couldn't find one. If there is one, please re direct me.

Here is our 8230B, works every day, mostly as a yarder anchor, but also pushes dirt and pulls wood when needed.
Posted her over in the forestry section, but thought you guys may appreciate her over here.

DSCF1299.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1298.JPG
    DSCF1298.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 3,854

Davvinciman

Occupation
Operating engineer and business owner
I lookked for a Terex thread and couldn't find one. If there is one, please re direct me.

Here is our 8230B, works every day, mostly as a yarder anchor, but also pushes dirt and pulls wood when needed.
Posted her over in the forestry section, but thought you guys may appreciate her over here.

Hey, that's not a bad idea. Maybe they should start an "ANCHOR" section (we call them yard tikis, here). JUST JOKING. I think Cat stole the idea of the single handle pull "friction release and brake combined" instead of the separate friction release and foot brake. It's my brother who was a mechanic that tainted my thinking with a Euc joke. He said, "You know why they paint Euc's green? So they can hide in the grass and watch the Cats work". Could be you're in the right place.

egoman

Occupation
pipeline and heavy industrial pipefitter
I want one of these so bad. Allways thought they were ahead of their time. Besides the fact that you can rebuild that musical diesel with the change in your pocket.

rezod1

Glad to see the green machine in current action, have only saw one in scrap yard and thought it would be nice to see one run..thanks for sharing

russ61

Occupation
screw machine shop supervisor
I have an 8230 great old farm machine.The only problem is its setting in the pasture with a track off and I'm sitting in a lazy boy recovering from rotator cuff surgery. The idler support broke off ,on top,somebody had done a weld job that looked like a couple of 1/4 '' tack welds.Was making a pass clearing pasture when I saw something green roll out the left side before I could stop the track derailed.Took my 955H up to carry supplies and dig it out.you know that loader won't even shake the green monster!When I heal I'll get back up there with a couple of jacks and walk it back on.Just going to be a looong winter!
Russ

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Here's some lovely green iron :) Someday I hope I can own at least one of these things!

Attachments

• DSC_1192 (Small).JPG
    DSC_1192 (Small).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,645
  • DSC_1193 (Small).JPG
    DSC_1193 (Small).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,777
  • DSC_1196 (Small).JPG
    DSC_1196 (Small).JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,659
  • DSC_1197 (Small).JPG
    DSC_1197 (Small).JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,685
  • DSC_1199 (Small).JPG
    DSC_1199 (Small).JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,918
Last edited:

Bluetop Man

Occupation
farmer
I heard once TEREX had some hardware whereby two of these could be hooked side-by-side. What would you call it, a Double Trouble, or Double Barrel???

I never ran one, but just the sight of that single blade lift cylinder combined with that Detroit sound (it wasn't Motown like a CAT) was enough to scare me off.

Nontheless, a TEREX dozer and three TEREX scrapers (talk about a POS) did build the second golf course in The Woodlands, TX circa 1976.

The flag on the ninth hole flies for pushcat (push terex???) operator John Golden. May he rest in peace.

Hey, great pics though, thanks. What a throwback in time.