• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TS24B

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator

Dug Overburden

Occupation
trucker
Terex S-35E

C.W. McGrath Inc San Diego Ca use to have a fleet of (10) S35E's These were real dirt movers @ 35 yards. Hauled a bigger load than a Cat 633 Scraper.I also believe they were a maintance nightmare. They were a great sounding machine all had the twin turrbo 12V-71 with dual straight exhaust pipes. You could hear a spread of these at least 1 mile away!! In the mid 1990's they traded these in on (4) TS-14D's

Dug

QUOTE=637slayer;77236]nice pics, the 35-e looks like a big machine[/QUOTE]

indian347

Ts 24

Back in 71 i saw a 621 or 623 i don;t renember paddle wheel out run a 24.We coulden't believe it.The 621 had a v8 in it and 8 gears.I believe the 24 had a v12 in front. By the time the 24 got fired up the 621 was gone. If i'm wrong about the numbers i can B corrected . Jim:usa

ts-24 frank

Occupation
retired trucker-part time bus driver
jdofmemi; thank you for the info and the terex gentlemen, and i have contacted him, just waiting for a responce. kenny; if you run into those ts-24s and have a chance please take some pix and shair with us, i cant get enough of those monsters. seeing you guys talk of where they might be is exciting, thank you to both of you,lets not let the ( green meenies ) die. ts-24frank

ts-24 frank

Occupation
retired trucker-part time bus driver
rus; thanks for sharing, any idea what year that is, i have never seen a rops just cover the cab like that before. ts-24frank

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Unsure of age

Sorry Frank, at the moment all I know is the current owner bought it 2003. I first saw it near Moranbah central Queensland Aust about August 2003
The ROPS wasn't on the machine either when I first saw it, must have been a pre requisite for a job he went to at some stage (mines here tend to go over the top with safety issues especially with contractors & their equipment :( )
I'll be back down onsite in a couple of days & find out then

Last edited:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Good luck on the new job, Rus...be careful of your back! Let us know how the Loadrunner rides....
This outfit uses a a mix of Terex and Cat scrapers, and does extensive repower work. Have a look.
http://www.dwirex.com/
Alan

Last edited:

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Thanks Alan, been told this machine has a 'walker beam' type suspension like the old 210 Michigan (other post). I haven't looked closely yet.
If the haulroad gets rough, drop the bowl, then a pass or two on the grader should sort it out & or a slower travel speed ;)
Bronco riding days are long gone :rolleyes:

renaud

That 245 reminds me of why i enjoy looking at older equipment. It was mad to do a job and being pretty didn't matter. noadays most equipment looks like it is out of flash gordon or something. too rounded. that old sharp edged equipment just looks like it's saying to a job "feelin lucky punk?" The best thing about new stuff is the rounded corners (can't have it both ways :Banghead ) they aren't as bad if you cath an elbow or something. :eek:
I feel the exact same way about old versus new equipment......
Nowadays, nothing look more like an excavator than another excavator....they all look the same.Change the color on it and you can put any brandname on the boom!!!
I like that topic.....for some reasons, it seems like folks love or hate Terex machines.......theire's no in-between!!!
I remember back in 2006 seeing a whole bunch of TS24 Loadrunners on a highway upgrading in Alaska.It was on the Tok cut-off road, in the Mentasta lake area.I took pics of them but they are burried somewhere in my photo album.
Interresting topic.
Max.

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
I remember back in the 70's Clark built some Terex scrapers under contract in the old Hancock scraper factory in Lubbuck Texas, TS14' I believe, had Allison transmissions instead of Clark.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
I haven't run a Terex in 10 years or more. I really miss the green paint and the 2-stroke sound. :(