• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TS24B

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
That 245 reminds me of why i enjoy looking at older equipment. It was mad to do a job and being pretty didn't matter. noadays most equipment looks like it is out of flash gordon or something. too rounded. that old sharp edged equipment just looks like it's saying to a job "feelin lucky punk?" The best thing about new stuff is the rounded corners (can't have it both ways :Banghead ) they aren't as bad if you cath an elbow or something. :eek:

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
what is the biggest scraper terex makes? ive always thought it was a ts-32, but a guy at my job says his favorite is a ts-34, i told him i never heard of a 34.

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Euc made some huge scrapers back in the 60's,such as the SS40 and
TSS40, but the biggest one Terex had was a TS50? basically a TS32 with a coal bowl.
If memory serves....I'll check my Euc/Terex book tomorrow.
alan627b

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Thanks for the pics of the TS24B's.
Brings back very happy memories.

I would like to point out the salient fact that the cushion hitch on Caterpillar scrapers was originally developed to stop them from breaking in half due to chronic fatigue problems due to their poor riding qualities.
It was originally fitted to the 631B as there had been a lot of failures.
It was a classic case of turning a products defect into a selling point as Cat found out that it gave the operator a better ride.
Cushion hitch was then introduced progressively across the range.

Any old scraper operators out there ever run one of the Michigans with the suspended axle ?

Northart

Suspended Axle ?

Hello Wabcoman,

Are you talking about the Terex Loadrunner ? That had the suspended front axle.

That was Terex's answer to Cat's Cushion Ride Hitch.

Never heard about a Michigan with one.

Kenny R

Would those 24's be working in Beaumont / Cherry Valley?
I-10 @ 60 fwy?
:cool:
Pete
Thats where they were all right. I bet you drove by once or twice.

Thats some of the best dirt around to work in.

Hey Pete or Jerry do you know if those TS-24's are still there??? I'll be passing by that area in a few hours heading to Arizona... I might have to make a quick detour:cool2 On my way back Monday I plan to try and hit up that Van Dell site so thanks again for those directions Pete!

JDOFMEMI

Kenny

The ones in the picture are not there anymore, and I am not sure of any others on your way.

I do know of some in the Hemet area though.

I will look for some directions for you if you wish

Kenny R

Damn! Thanks for the heads up Jerry, I don't think I'll have to get all the way down to Hemet but thanks anyway:drinkup

Ray Welsh

Banned
Hello Wabcoman,

Terex Loadrunners were great for comfort, performance and speed. The front V12 gemmy was good but the V6 at the back should have been upgraded to at least a V8. Wabco 333FTs had V12s front and rear!!!!.....C ya........Ray

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Hello Wabcoman,

Hi Northart

No, I've run the Loadrunners and they ran pretty good - that suspended axle got the bumps before they got your backside !

Clark offered a Michigan with a suspended axle also - it would have been in the last couple of years production and I think it was on the 210H and 310H elevators.
Biggest Michigan I ever operated was a 110HT - man that thing had some get up & go but it was a rough ride.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Hey Pete or Jerry do you know if those TS-24's are still there??? I'll be passing by that area in a few hours heading to Arizona... I might have to make a quick detour:cool2 On my way back Monday I plan to try and hit up that Van Dell site so thanks again for those directions Pete!

Kenny.....give me a call when you come thru Monday.
I'll pm ya my #
:cool:

Northart

More Terex

More Terex pix, Terex S-35E, An Experimental scraper, A 417 pullscraper.

Attachments

• Terex S-35.jpg
    Terex S-35.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,994
  • Terex  X Scraper .JPG
    Terex X Scraper .JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 3,213
  • Terex 417 Pull Scraper .jpg
    Terex 417 Pull Scraper .jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,861

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Funny how history repeats itself, didn't I see some pics of a scraper with tracks on it? Or was that a haul truck?

ConstSite

Occupation
Construction
True about the Miskin, but I think that Terex TS-14B shown above was from the 1970's.

- Chris

greeniron

I`m with you Ray on this one and
doesnt the latest TS14 have the power down apron system now which is the same as the bigger TS24 LOADRUNNER machines and also has a cushioning bowl system as well

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
TS-14 questions

Hoping to get my question answered here. A friend told me once the older TS-14's had a very light transmission and that the 6 speed version seemed to fare better. He said parts were getting very hard to come by for the Allison transmission including units used in their dozers. For someone looking at buying an old machine, is there a parts supply problem?

Many years ago at the Terex dealer I noticed a nearly new machine that had a V-6 in the front instead of the 4-71. I was told it was experimental at the time. I guess I'm curious about the engine/transmission changes over the years and have lost touch, being out of the earthmoving business for a long time. Phil

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
I remember as a kid seeing brand new terex dozers, and scrapers going down the highway. The plant was located in Hudson OH, about a half hour from where I live. I was about 6, and got to take a tour of the plant. Pretty cool to see equipment being made, especially at that age. On that tour, I receieved a scale model of the Terex Titan, which I still have today.