• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

terex tracpactor 428 rotor hardfacing

mobile-tech

have our tracpactor 428 pulled down for new rotor bearings, figured i would build back up the hard face
anyone know what hardfacing material to use i got it in the shop and have a big mig-spray arc setup -last hardface i did was on a genesis concrete processor and got the wire right from them . dont want to be welding the wrong wear material on that expensive rotor im already 24k in parts for the rebuild boss is about to cry
thanks

Welder Dave

I'm kind of late but just saw your post. I would look at a Stoody or Lincoln hardfacing guide book. Bigger dia. hardfacing wires are basically self-shielded flux-core wire. Smaller dia's. under 1/16" I think require shielding gas. Stoody has a lot more options. I'm not familiar with your machine to recommend a specific hardfacing wire but would think something for severe impact. Big thick sections will probably need some preheat for good fusion. Most hardfacing is limited to 2 layers. They make build up wire if you need to rebuild to original size. It has no limit on the number of layers.

mobile-tech

thanks for the reply i got ahold of terex and forwarded me the ESAB brand wire they recommend, unfortunately not available here in the united states , had my welding supplier cross onto something compatible and got it done

Welder Dave

That's weird it's not available in the US. Stoody originated in the US and were well established when Esab bought them.