• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex T200/T25 or Matbro TR200/250 Transmission oil leak

tommurphy73

Hi,

I have a Terex T200 with an oil leaking from the transmission output shafts oil seals. I can remove the drive shafts but it is not clear how to remove the flanges from the output shafts of the transmission. They appear to be press fitted over the shaft but I dont have a manual to check if there is some other mechanism holding the shafts in place.

Does anyone know how to remove these flanges / shafts so that the oil seals can be replaced

Regards

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Is the output flange not the handbrake disc? it should have a nut in the middle, or do you mean the torque convertor side? that should just pull off once you've unbolted the pump

tommurphy73

Hi,

I was only looking at the back seal which seems to have no nut in the centre. If I remove the nut on the centre of the shaft on the handbrake side, will the complete shaft then slide out the back of the transmission?

Regards
Tom

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Hi Tom
this is from distant memory's of a family TR250 110 so things might not be the same. the shaft should stay where it is the nut is to hold the disc on, not the shaft in place.

tommurphy73

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far.

The machine is a Terex 250. Initially I thought that the 200 has the same transmission but I was not correct in this assumption.

I had a further look at the transmission. From what I can see, both the front and back sides of the transmission look the same except for the brake disk. It appears that the Yoke / drive shaft flange are press fitted on to the shaft with no obvious way of removing them.

Does anyone have an photos or other documentation showing where there external circlip is located and maybe how to dis-assemble the transmission.

Regards
Tom