• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex SS842 Hydraulic deadheading?

KTOSH

This machine has been sitting for a few years, waiting on engine rebuild. Now my problem is, the engine will run as long as you have the pump bypass button pushed. But as soon as you release it kills the engine. I removed the return filter and not a drop of fluid. At the bottom of control valve is the supply line that t's off and goes to the sway control. I removed the line and start the engine,release the button and engine will remain runninng pumping fluid out.Can anyone help, what am i missing? On the bottom of control valve is main relief valve. That wouldn,t cause this problem would it?
thank you

precision dirt

Occupation
machinist, fabricator and owner of precision dirt
I have a terex TH842C that im having the same problem with. It wont stall the engine but will drag it down 3-400 rpm. Im in the process of running pump pressures but curious if you resolved your issue?